**PRIZE for top male and female finishers.
**Entry must be received by Monday, March 12th in order to receive the race T-shirt. Long sleeve and “Tech” t-shirts are available for an additional $5 **
Medals for all registered children 4th grade and under.
**Free 100 yard kid’s run (walking age through age 5) before 5K start!
Bib Pick up: At Central Elementary School from 3pm to 4:30 on Friday April 6th and on Saturday April 7th beginning at 9am.
**Hydration station on course **Restrooms available **No runners with dogs on course **Playground on premises
Parking - Please park in the Public Parking Lot next to TD Bank / Hetty Green Park in Bellows Falls and walk down School St. to Central Elementary School
For more information contact Central Elementary School at (802) 463-4346 or email Peter Lawry at Peter.Lawry@wnesu.com
Event details and schedule
When: Saturday, April 7th, 2018
REGISTRATION 9:00 AM
5K Start 10:30 AM
Where: Central Elementary School
50 School Street Ext., Bellows Falls, VT 05101
The Course: The 5K course will consist of 2 2.5 kilometer loops
beginning and ending at Central Elementary School
Entry Fee: $20 if Pre-Registered by Wednesday, April 4th.
$25 from April 5th through RACE DAY.
Bib Pickup: Friday, April 6th 3PM – 4:30PM at Central Elem. School
or 9AM-10:30AM at Central Elem. School on Race Day
2018 Rockin’Ham 5K Race Route
Start - School Street (in Front of Bellows Falls Middle School)
The 5K race will start in front of the Bellows Falls Middle School. Runners are gathering at Central Elementary School and will walk to the starting line 10 minutes before the start of the race. Once the race begins, Runners will run West on School St. towards Central Elementary School and run the course as listed below.
2. Run Straight across Atkinson St. onto School St. Ext.
3. Run Straight up ramp towards Prospect St.
4. Turn RIGHT onto Prospect St.
5. Turn LEFT onto Taylor St.
6. Turn LEFT onto Blake St.
7. Run Straight onto Playground Rd.
8. Turn LEFT onto Williams Terrace.
9. Turn RIGHT onto Pleasant Street.
10. Turn RIGHT onto Forest St.
12. Turn LEFT onto King St.
13. Turn LEFT onto Lockwood St
14. Turn LEFT onto Pleasant St.
15. Turn RIGHT onto Forest St.
16. Turn LEFT and run DOWN Pine St. (USING ONLY SOUTHBOUND LANE - CONES TO BE PLACED DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD)
17. Turn Right onto George St.
18. Turn Left onto Atkinson St. (USING SIDEWALK ON SOUTHBOUND LANE SIDE)
19. Turn Left onto School St. Ext.
Runners will run the loop two times.
NOTE A. Runners will ONLY run on the section of School St. EAST of Atkinson. St. (Beginning at the BFMS) at the start of the race. When runners run their second lap they will run from George St, taking a LEFT onto Atkinson St., and another LEFT onto School St. Ext.
NOTE B. Once Runners run two laps of the course, to FINISH they will take the following route BELOW
18. Runners will turn LEFT onto Atkinson St. from George St. (USING SIDEWALK ON SOUTHBOUND LANE SIDE)
19. Runners will run PAST School St. Ext and will take their next LEFT onto N. OAK ST. (USING EASTBOUND LANE - CONES TO BE PLACED DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.
20. Runners will take another LEFT onto CHURCH Place.
The FINISH of the race will be at the intersection CHURCH Place and School St. facing Central Elementary School.
Central Elementary School 1