Amateur to Advanced Climbers are welcome
• This is a solo rock climbing competition however each climber MUST HAVE AN EXPERIENCED BELAY PARTNER. The partner can participate in the competition as well but is not required too. It is encouraged for each climber to have their own belay partner to increase efficiency but if a group of 3 want to share the belay duties they are allowed too. Just don’t show up the day of the event solo expecting a stranger to take on your belay duties.
• Format- Top 5 climbs added together- top score wins. Each selected route at Jamestown is given a point rating based on the guide book rating and our overall opinion taking height, hold type and “feel” of each climb.
• Each climber is given a score card at the beginning and they will be responsible for keeping up with their scores from each climb. Much of the competition is based on the honor system so don’t be a bag of douche and cheat. There will be judges spread out throughout the Crag watching climbers.
• What is a Redpoint? Starting from the bottom of the selected route, leading the climb while clipping EVERY anchor and successfully lowering off the top of the route. NO TOPROPING, NO FALLS, NO HANGING ON GEAR, NO USING ANCHORS. If a fall mistake occurs the climber must lower to the bottom of the route and begin again.
• Climbers will have 8 hours to complete as many climbs as they wish to attempt
• Time is very important not only to you but to the other climbers. Please show respect for those waiting in line for a route by being efficient with set up and your climb.
• Climbers will be penalized by judges for reckless behavior, inappropriate use of gear etc.
• At the end of competition a horn will sound, climbing will cease and all climbers will turn their score cards into judges, scores will be tallied and winners for each division will be announced.
• In the case of the tie, there will be tiebreaking games or climbs set up to take place that night.
Event schedule and times
Climbers are encouraged to arrive Friday afternoon or night to get parked and registered. If climbers cannot make it Friday they must be onsite by 8:30 Saturday morning.
• CARPOOLING IS HIGHLY RECOMMEND, PARKING WILL NOT BE PRETTY
• All climbers will be required to sign a waiver and complete the registration process BEFORE CLIMBING.
• There will be a group meeting at 9:00am to go over rules and answer any questions.
• Climbing will begin at 10:00am and continue until 6:00pm.
• After the competition has ceased climbers are encouraged to gather at the top of the bluff near the parking area for the awards ceremony and BBQ.
• Camping is welcome but NO FIRES.
All VISITORS ARE WELCOME TO CLIMB SUNDAY AND
PARTICIPATE IN A TRAIL DAY FOR THE CRAG