Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
ANYWHERE (Aldo Leopold's Cabin Symbolic Location Only)E13701 Levee Rd Baraboo, WI 53913
Born to be Wild? Passionate about preserving what is Wild and what remains of our planet’s wilderness?
Make a positive impact by taking the Race Against Extinction Earth Activity Relay Challenge (EarthARC)!
Pick your favorite outdoor activity from the categories below and go wild to benefit Mother Nature! The best part is that you get to choose which awesome environmental organization you want your registration fees to support.
You can participate anyway, anyhow, and anywhere you choose!
Outdoor activity challenge registration categories include:
- Cheetahs (experienced and first-time runners)
- Tortoises (walkers)
- Kangaroos (parents running or walking with their “Joeys” in strollers)
- Wolf Packs (runners, hikers or walkers with their pets)
- Mountain Goats (Hikers)
- Rhinos (Road Cyclists)
- Grizzly Bears (Mountain Bikers)
- Sea Otters (Paddlers – Canoeists & Kayakers)
- Polar Bears (Paddle Boarders and Surfers)
- Mantas (Scuba Divers)
- Dolphins (Swimmers)
- Gazelles (inline skaters) and
- Sloths (those who cannot or will not be running, peddling, paddling, walking or moving in general, on or near Earth Day but would like to support and help protect their fellow species!)
Whether you choose to engage in your favorite outdoor activity and participate as a Lone Wolf or as part of a larger Green Herd by connecting with others, your contribution will go towards not only your favorite conservation organization, but our collective team goal.
After you do your part, keep the Earth Activity Relay Challenge momentum rolling, by challenging your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, students, classmates, fellow worshipers, science lab partners or total random strangers to participate and help us grow the Herd to preserve the wonders of our natural world!
Going social is easy! Simply tag someone via your favorite social media and challenge them to get out and get moving for the Earth. Make sure to use #EarthARC when sharing your accomplishment or make a pledge, such as “I Will Run 5 Miles to save a Tiger #EarthARC” or “I Will Walk 3 Miles for an Elephant #EarthARC.”. Feeling a bit more old school? No worries. Use some old-fashioned word of mouth to extend your challenge.
[1) Facebook: Post your accomplishments and pictures on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theraceagainstextinction/ or just let your friends know that you will be participating in the event at https://www.facebook.com/events/2021983667837008/
2) Instagram: Post a picture of yourself engaging in the challenge and tag the https://www.instagram.com/raceagainstextinction/ profile or utilize the #EarthARC hashtag. .
3) Twitter: Tweet how you support Mother Nature with the hashtag #EarthARC
4) Snapchat: Use #EarthARC in your next story or snap your friends a new challenge!
And for the creative folks. If you really want to get into the flow of the EarthARC, use your favorite face swap filter and morph into your inner spirit animal while posting your participation!
If don’t see your number one reason to be outdoors or have an idea for a new category or any other suggestions or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Race Against Extinction Team
The Race Against Extinction is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to generate greater awareness of the need to protect our planet's biodiversity and provide ways for ordinary individuals to do extraordinary things to help preserve nature and have FUN doing so!