Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Catonsville High School421 Bloomsbury Ave. Baltimore, MD 21228
Through our annual CHS XC Turkey Trot we are proud to offer you a spectacular event with a grass roots feel. We are committed to the true essence of Catonsville which is deeply rooted in community, family and tradition.
100% of the proceeds of our Turkey Trot race go directly to the CHS Cross Country program, including the purchase of uniforms, training tools, and travel expenses, and the philanthropy causes they support, which have included: the outfitting of the new Catonsville High School Athletic Performance Center, the Comet Booster Club and the Comet Park renovations, the Catonsville High School S.A.D.D program, the Carol Saffran-Brinks Memorial Scholarship, the Catonsville Celebrations Committee, and Back on My Feet, a unique national organization that utilizes the training of running to promote self-efficacy within individuals experiencing homelessness so that they may create dynamic changes in their lives. This year we will be partnering with the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults to extend our philanthropic outreach to young adults and their caregivers who are experiencing a cancer diagnosis.
Event details and schedule
- Register prior to Wednesday November 19th to avoid an increase in the registration fee
- Packet Pickup Wednesday, November 25 4:00pm-8:00 pm at the Catonsville High School cafeteria
- Race Day Registration and race day packet pickup will be open from 7am-8am. T-Shirts are not guaranteed and only available on a first registered, first served basis.
- 8:10am Kids 1 Mile Fun Run Start
- 8:30am 5K Race Start (Note: if you are registered for the 5k and wish to run in the kids' 1 mile fun run along your child, please do not wear your race bib in the 1 mile as this will trigger our system and alter the 5k race results risking you not having a time listed. )
- 9:45 am Awards Presentation in the cafeteria
This race was designed to welcome you into the world of cross country running so that as you run or walk on race day you can be connected with the very athletes your registration is supporting. We plead with Mother Nature to be kind to us, but there are times when parts of the course are muddy or slick. Please use appropriate caution on race day to ensure your safety and the safety of others. To this affect, there may be changes to the race course due to weather which is out of our control. Any and all course changes are done with your safety in mind. For this same reason, strollers and dogs are not permitted on the race course.
- Please wear your bib and its corresponding timing chip on your Outer most layer of clothing to ensure it registers properly.
- When on the race course, please stay to the Right and allow faster runners to pass on the left.
Important Race Information:
- All race bibs are non-transferrable. Transferring bibs negatively affects race results across genders and age groups and has the potential to strip a deserving athlete of an award. Please be mindful of this.