Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Garden Hills Pool335 Pine Tree Drive NE Atlanta, GA 30305
All 10 & under age groups are closed and no longer accepting additional wait list registrations. We are still accepting late registrations in our older age groups (ages 11 and up).
REGISTRATION IS ONLY OPEN TO RETURNING FAMILIES AND SIBLINGS BEFORE MARCH 15TH. If you do not have an existing account with our team and you attempt to register your child early, your registration will be cancelled and you will be moved to the bottom of the wait list. Please do not attempt to register as a new family before March 15th - this will not improve your chances of getting on the team.
The Garden Hills Cool Sharks Summer Swim Team competes in the Intown Division of the Atlanta Swim Association (ASA). Our team has a proud tradition of excellence and has enjoyed multiple divisional championships over the years. Our philosophy is that competitive swimming is fun and rewarding, and teaches our children lifelong skills which encourage healthy lifestyles. No matter the age or skill level of team members, our mission is to help each swimmer set and achieve their goals through expert coaching, friendly competition, and peer camaraderie. Please visit our website (www.coolsharks.org) for more information about our team.
- Swimmers must be 5 years old by 5/31/2019.
- All new swimmers (8 & under) must attend a swim evaluation and be able to swim 25 yards across the pool without assistance. Please visit our website (www.coolsharks.org) for evaluation dates and times. You may come at any time on any date (no appointment is needed). Swimmers who do not pass by the last evaluation date (4/20) will have their registration cancelled and receive a full refund.
- Swimmers do not need to be a member of the Garden Hills pool in order to participate.
- 3/1 - 4/15 (or until groups are full) for returning members and siblings.
- 3/15 - 4/15 (or until groups are full) for new members.
- 4/29 - 6/29
Fee Structure for the 2019 Summer Season:
- $175 per swimmer ages 5-12; $100 per swimmer ages 13-18
- $28 per swimmer ASA (Atlanta Swimming Association) registration fee - this fee increases to $37 after 4/15
*Registration fees include personalized silicone Garden Hills swim cap, team t-shirt, drawstring meet bag, and a team bag tag
Late registration may be offered on a space-available basis after 4/15. Some age groups may close if full (we expect the 6&u and 7-8 groups to close before 4/15).
$25 per swimmer late fee (in addition to regular fees above)
*Late Registration will include a non-personalized silicone Garden Hills swim cap only (t-shirts, meet bags, and bag tags will be available if we have extras but are not guaranteed)
If you would like to join the wait list, please register as usual for the group you would like. Your name will be added to the wait list in the order in which you register. Payment information will be collected, but your card will not be charged until you are placed an opening. If you register for the wait list and would later like your name removed (which you may do without penalty at any time before being placed in an opening), please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your child has been placed in an opening and your card has been charged, you will be subject to the refund policy below.
- Partial refunds of $125 ($50 for swimmers 13-18) will be given through the first week of practice (until 5/4).
- Partial refunds of $125 will be given to any swimmer who is placed in an open spot from the wait list but later declines that spot (through the first week of practice, or within 24 hours if placed in an opening after 5/4).
- Partial refunds of $50 will be given before the first meet (5/28).
- ASA registration fees will be refunded in full before the first meet (5/28).
- Children who do not pass the swim test by 4/20 will be given a full refund.
- No refunds will be given after 5/28.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RETURNING FAMILIES:
It is extremely important that the same Active account be used every season when registering for Garden Hills swim programs. PLEASE DO NOT USE A DIFFERENT ACTIVE ACCOUNT FOR REGISTRATION OR CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT FOR YOUR CHILD. This includes different accounts within the same family (Mom's vs. Dad's). This is how you will know you are using the correct account: when registering, the very first question should be "Who are you registering?" and your child's actual name should be one of the options available (with all swimmer information auto-populated). If their name is not listed as an option, and you select the "your child (or a child in your legal custody)" option and manually fill in their information, you have just created a new account. Only new swimmers who have never partcipated in a Garden Hills swim program should use this option. If your child's name is listed but followed by DONOTUSE, this means you are using an old duplicate account which is no longer attched to your swimmer. Please DO NOT use this account!! Log out and back in using the correct account (let us know if you need help with this!). USING OR CREATING A DUPLICATE ACCOUNT CAN RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR CHILD'S SWIM HISTORY INCLUDING ALL PREVIOUS TIMES, ISSUES WITH RECEIVING CREDIT FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS, AND OTHER ACCOUNT PROBLEMS. There is currently no way to merge duplicate swimmer accounts in the Active system.
Also when registering your swimmer this year, please be careful to keep their name the same as last year. Again, this information should auto-populate for returning swimmers. Changing a spelling, using a nickname, using a middle initial instead of the full middle name (or vice-versa), etc. can result in your swimmer's times and other information from previous seasons not being recognized (the system will think it is a new swimmer). If you need to make any changes to your swimmer's name, please register them using the name already in the system, then contact email@example.com for assistance. You will also need to contact us to change your primary account email. All other changes to your account (address, phone, etc.) can either be done during registration, or afterwards following the instructions in the FAQs on our website.