DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, ALL PROGRAM INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Get ready for the 2021 summer season by registering for our Stroke Clinic, held in the heated Garden Hills Pool from April 12 - April 29. Coach Mandi and Coach PJ will be coaching Stroke Clinic this year! This is a great opportunity for non year-round swimmers to get back in the water and get ready for summer swimming. This is not a beginner program for new swimmers - all swimmers should either be returning Cool Sharks swim team members or be confident swimmers able to swim independently on the first day of practice. In order to limit practice sizes for social-distancing, we will utilize a SignUp Genius system like last season, and swimmers will be allowed to sign up for 2-3 practices per week .
Participation in Stroke Clinic is strongly encouraged for 5-8 year olds who have never participated on a swim team and who may not be able to pass our Summer Swim Team evaluation without a few weeks of preparation in the water.
8 & under swimmers will practice in both the deep end and the shallow end of the pool, with swimmers divided into groups based on ability and experience. New swimmers will not have to pass our regular swim evaluation but need to be able to swim independently across the shallow end of the pool (any style) and be unafraid to put their face in the water. They will be evaluated over the course of the clinic, allowing the coaches to determine if they are ready for summer swim team (swimmers who are not ready will be given refunds for their summer team registration).
9 & over swimmers will practice in the deep end. New swimmers should have a basic knowledge of freestyle and backstroke, and the ability to swim a 25 yard lap.
NOTE: Registration for Stroke Clinic does NOT guarantee placement on our Summer Swim Team. Stroke Clinic participants still need to register for swim team and are still subject to wait list placement.
- Swimmers must be 5 years old by 5/31/2021, and MUST be able to swim independently across the deep end of the pool (9 & over swimmers) or the shallow end of the pool (8 & under swimmers) .
- Swimmers do not need to be a member of Garden Hills Pool or the Cool Sharks Summer Swim Team to participate.
- 3/1 - 4/17
- $125 per swimmer
- If you would like to join the wait list, please register as usual for the group(s) you would like. Your name will be added to the wait list in the order in which you register. Payment information will be collected, but your card will not be charged until you are placed an opening. If you register for the wait list and would later like your name removed (which you may do at any time before being placed in an opening), please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your child has been placed in an opening and your card has been charged, you will be subject to the refund policy below.
- Partial refunds of $100 will be given through the first week of practice (until 4/17).
- Full refunds will be given to any swimmer who is determined by the coach to not yet be ready for the program.
- No refunds will be given after 4/17.
Practice Schedule: (tentative - subject to change)
- 6 & under – M/T/W/Th 4:00-4:30 pm; Sat. 10:00-10:30 am, 10:40-11:10 am
- 7/8 – M/T/W/Th 4:40-5:10 pm, 5:20-5:50 pm; Sat. 11:20-11:50 am, 12:00-12:30 pm
- 9/10 – M/T/W/Th 6:00-6:45 pm; Sat. 12:45-1:30 pm
- 11 & over – M/T/W/Th 7:00-8:00 pm
ATTENTION RETURNING FAMILIES:
It is extremely important that the same Active account/primary email be used every season when registering for Garden Hills swim programs. This is how you will know you are using the correct account: when registering, the very first question should be "Who are you registering?" and your child's actual name should be one of the options available (with all swimmer information auto-populated). If their name is not listed as an option, and you select the "your child" option and manually fill in their information, you have just created a new account. Only new swimmers who have never participated in a Garden Hills swim program should use this option. If your child's name is listed but followed by DONOTUSE, this means you are using a duplicate account which is not attached to your swimmer. Please DO NOT use this account!! Log out and back in using the correct account (let us know if you need help with this!). USING A DUPLICATE ACCOUNT OR CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT CAN RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR CHILD'S SWIM HISTORY INCLUDING ALL PREVIOUS TIMES, ISSUES WITH RECEIVING CREDIT FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS, AND OTHER ACCOUNT PROBLEMS. There is currently no way to merge duplicate swimmer accounts in the Active system. If you would like to change your account/primary email, just email us and we can do that for you.