Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Garden Hills Pool335 Pine Tree Drive NE Atlanta, GA 30305
Get ready for the 2019 summer season by registering for our Stroke Clinic, held in the heated Garden Hills Pool from April 8 - April 27. Coach MJ will be coaching Stroke Clinic this year! This is a great opportunity for non year-round swimmers to get back into shape and improve their strokes. This is not a beginner program for new swimmers - all swimmers should either be returning Cool Sharks swim team members or be confident swimmers able to pass a swim evaluation on the first day of practice. Practices will take place in the deep end of the pool. There are 5 practices per week - come to as many or as few as you like.
NEW THIS YEAR - we have a new "Welcome to Swim Team" group! This group is designed for 5-8 year olds who have never participated on a swim team and who may need a few weeks of preparation in the water in order to pass the swim evaluation for our Cool Sharks Summer Team. These swimmers will not have to pass our regular swim evaluation but need to be able to swim across the shallow end of the pool (any style) and be unafraid to put their face in the water. Practice will take place in both the deep end and the shallow end of the pool (swimmers must be comfortable in the deep end and able to swim there with minimal assistance). This group will be coached by both Coach MJ and Coach Steph.
- Swimmers must be 5 years old by 6/1/2019, and MUST be able to swim across the deep end of the pool on their front using both arms and legs, without stopping or holding on to the lane rope, unless registered for the "Welcome to Swim Team" group.
- Swimmers do not need to be a member of Garden Hills Pool or the Cool Sharks Summer Swim Team to participate.
- 2/15 - 4/27
- $125 per swimmer
- If you would like to join the wait list, please register as usual for the group(s) you would like. Your name will be added to the wait list in the order in which you register. Payment information will be collected, but your card will not be charged until you are placed an opening. IMPORTANT - be sure to check the box for Active to save your payment information or we will be unable to place you in an opening and that spot will be offered to the next swimmer on the list. You may register for the wait list for more than one group and we recommend doing so for any time group you would be willing to accept in order to increase your chances of an opening (your card will only be charged for the group in which you are placed, and you will not be placed in more than one group per session). If you register for the wait list and would later like your name removed (which you may do at any time before being placed in an opening), please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your child has been placed in an opening and your card has been charged, you will be subject to the refund policy below.
- Partial refunds of $100 will be given through the first week of practice (until 4/13).
- Full refunds will be given to any swimmer who is determined by the coach to not yet be ready for the program.
- No refunds will be given after 4/13.
- Welcome to Swim Team – M-Th 4:30-5:00 pm; Sat. 9:00-9:30 am
- 6 & under – M-Th 5:00-5:30 pm; Sat. 9:30-10:00 am
- 7/8 – M-Th 5:30-6:00 pm; Sat. 10:00-10:30 am
- 9/10 – M-Th 6:00-6:45 pm; Sat. 10:30-11:15 am
- 11 & over – M-Th 6:00-7:00 pm; Sat. 10:30-11:30 am
ATTENTION RETURNING FAMILIES: It is extremely important that the same account be used every season when registering for Garden Hills swim programs. PLEASE DO NOT USE A DIFFERENT ACTIVE ACCOUNT FOR REGISTRATION OR CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT FOR YOUR CHILD. This includes different accounts within the same family (Mom's vs. Dad's). This is how you will know you are using the correct account: when registering, the very first question should be "Who are you registering?" and your child's actual name should be one of the options available (with all swimmer information auto-populated). If their name is not listed as an option, and you select the "your child (or a child in your legal custody)" option and manually fill in their information, you have just created a new account. Only new swimmers who have never partcipated in a Garden Hills swim program should use this option. If your child's name is listed but followed by DONOTUSE, this means you are using an old duplicate account which is no longer attched to your swimmer. Please DO NOT use this account!! Log out and back in using the correct account (let us know if you need help with this!). USING OR CREATING A DUPLICATE ACCOUNT WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR CHILD'S SWIM HISTORY INCLUDING ALL PREVIOUS TIMES, A LOSS OF CREDIT FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS, AND OTHER ACCOUNT PROBLEMS. There is currently no way to merge duplicate swimmer accounts in the Active system.