Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport/Fire Station 331401 S. Loop Road Atlanta, GA 30337
Lace up your shoes and get ready to take off at The Mayor's Inaugural 5K on the 5th Runway! This exclusive event is sponsored by Delta Air Lines and hosted by the City of Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and United Way of Greater Atlanta.
Sign up today and earn bragging rights as your running shoes hit the runway at the world’s busiest airport. You’ll be helping United Way and its vision to make sure Greater Atlanta is a community where everyone thrives.
Don’t miss your chance to join 2,500 runners and walkers at this incredible event. Register now!
RACE DAY/DATE: Saturday, October 17, 2015
LOCATION: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – 5th Runway, Fire Station 33, 1401 S. Loop Road, Atlanta, GA 30337
COSTS: $40.00 timed runners and $35.00 non-timed runners and walkers (Only “timed” runners will be considered for an award)
Event details and schedule
REGISTRATION: Registration is open until Thursday, October 15 at 11:59 p.m.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE: (No Race Day Registration)
Please review the Race Rules for security requirements.
Check-In & Bib Pick-up
4 a.m. – 6:15 a.m.
Fire Station 33 - Must bring official government-issued ID which must match race registration information.
Fire Station 33
Fire Station 33
Course time: 1 hour & 15 minutes
AWARDS: (Only “timed” runners will be considered for an award)
Men’s and women’s overall awards
- Men’s and women’s masters’ awards
- Age group awards for the top men and women in each age group below: 10-16; 17-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 & Over
- Top team award (fastest combined overall score)
Largest team award
- MARTA is highly recommended and will begin on the North/South bound trains at 5 a.m. Shuttle service will be available from the Airport MARTA station to Fire Station 33 starting at 5 a.m. and ending at 6:10 a.m. (When exiting the train, follow signs to the shuttle pick-up location)
- FREE parking will be available at the Georgia International Convention Center (GICC). Parking is limited and carpooling is highly recommended. Shuttle service will begin at 4 a.m. and end at 6:10 a.m. from the GICC to the Race course. Return shuttle service from the Race course to the GICC will be available with the last shuttle departing at 9:30 a.m.
- Drop-off location - Fire Station 33, 1401 S. Loop Road, Atlanta, GA 30337. There is No Public Parking at Fire Station 33.
- Driving Directions to GICC: http://www.gicc.com/directions.asp?show=1
- For additional details contact the United Way of Greater Atlanta:678.623.2971 or 404.527.7239.
- Chip timing will be used
- All runners and walkers will receive a bib and T-shirt.
- There will be limited space for Race participants to warm up or stretch before and after the Race.
- Walkers are encouraged to walk to the right, allowing runners to pass on the left.
- The runway must be cleared by 8 a.m. Participants who are unable to complete the course by this time, will be shuttled to the finish line.
For sponsorship information contact 678.623.2971 or 404.527.7239.
For questions about the 5K on the 5th Runway: ATL5K@atlanta-airport.com or leave a message at 404-382-2369
Race proceeds will benefit United Way of Greater Atlanta
Delta Air Lines is the "Take Off" Sponsor