****Active.com sign ups no longer available, please sign up here for last minute registration: https://racesonline.com/events/choose-peace-5k-atlanta
Same day registration also available for $30.
****Register by 10/31/2017 to be guaranteed a T-Shirt****
The Races for Peace Choose Peace 5k-Atlanta will start at the beautiful Historic Fourth Ward park in Atlanta, GA. It will loop around the basin and connect to the East Side Beltline and then return. The beltline is filled with awesome art installations which makes it an enjoyable run or walk.
The Choose Peace 5k supports the Races for Peace organization. Our Goals include:
- Strengthen and unify communities through race events across the country.
- Increase awareness of the benefits of choosing peace and the value of diversity.
- Provide strategies for promoting peace through self awareness, effective communication skills, positive life choices, and conflict resolution.
- Build bridges between local law enforcement and communities to increase partnership, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Raise funds for Races for Peace programs, local charities engaged in promoting peace in accordance with the Races for Peace mission, and organizational operations.
At a time when hate is loud, love cannot be silent. Sign up to celebreate peace and diversity.
Click for highlights from last year's event!
This event is for everyone! Participants may register for a timed 5K running race or a 5K fun walk. In addition to the 5K run/walk, there will be educational presentations, community resources and more. We will invite speakers, community leaders, law enforcement, and YOU to be a part of this premier event!
Note: Course contains a set of stairs.
Event is Rain or Shine. No refunds if cancelled due to severe weather.
***A portion of the proceeds will go to an Non-Profit that supports our mission**
Event details and scheduleHistoric Fourth Ward Park
680 Dallas Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
The race will start in the park's Greenspace C near north avenue across from Ponce City Market.
Race day schedule:
7:00am – Peace Pavilion Opens/Registration Packet Pick-up
7:45am – Pre-race Educational Presentation
8:30am – 5k Time Run / 5k Fun Walk Begins
9:30am – Post-race Announcement / Awards
On-street parking is available along North Angier Avenue, Morgan Street, Garden Park Drive, Dallas Street and Rankin Street.http://beltline.org/trails/eastside-trail/
Ponce city market also has parking for a fee.
Can I take MARTA to the park?
Two bus routes, the #2 and # 16 stop near the park. From the North Ave., Edgewood/Candler Park or Decatur train stations, take bus #2 to the corner of Ponce de Leon and Glen Iris. From Five Points, take bus #16 to the corner of Ralph McGill and Glen Iris.
MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit System - www.itsmarta.com
Races For Peace