Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
How fast can you run a Mile? 5 Minutes, 6 Minutes, 10 Minutes?
This year out of an abundance of caution, Athens' best one mile race will be Virtual. However, this is not your average virtual race. This is the Milledge Mile! This has always and will always be a competitive race.
Challenge a friend and help us raise money to support free health care services for low income uninsured Athens area residents!
All proceeds will be donated to Mercy Health Center.
Event details and schedule
- CASH prizes to the overall 1st place male and female ($250 each) plus $250 bonus for first male/female to break 4:00 / 4:30 respectively
- Additional awards: 2nd place overall male and female, 1st place masters male and female, and 1st place grand masters male and female
- Athens Road Runners members awards - 1st place male and female, 1st place male and female masters winners
- Medals for top age group winners
- Run your mile any time on Friday July 24th - Friday July 31st
- The Deadline for registration is 6pm July 31st
- Race results must be submitted by 9pm July 31st. Submit results here: http://tiny.cc/MMTimes
- Every entry will get you an entry in the post race drawing
- Feel like you can run a better time? For just $10 run again!
- To qualify for cash prizes you must submit video verification* Your course must not be net downhill, must have proper mile markers, or run on a track/USATF verified distance.
- To qualify for non-cash awards we ask that your race also not be net down hill, and that you use stopwatch time, because Strava is not 100% accurate. This race will come down to seconds. We are trusting your honesty in this virtual event. Video submission is NOT required.
- This is an Athens Road Runners Grand Prix event and all members are eligible for points. See here for more info. (add hyperlink: http://athensroadrunners.org/race/2019-athens-road-runners-grand-prix/)
Video Verification: Video verification is only needed if you are attempting to compete for 1st place overall male or female. To qualify your must record the entirety of your race, and you must state in the video that this is your Milledge Mile submission. We also encourage any shout outs to Mercy Health Center, and front line workers!
This is not required for other prizes and awards. If you do not believe you will be competing for 1st or 2nd place we'd still love to see videos of you as well! We will share some of the video clips in the post race party.
Please submit videos via: Youtube, dropbox, vimeo, google drive or raw video to email@example.com
- Guaranteed for pick-up on July 24th when you register by midnight on Thursday, July 9th
- There is also a no t-shirt option for a reduced price
- Packet will include: Virtual Bib, T-shirt, Creature Comforts glass, and other items
- Friday, July 24th through Sunday July 26th at Athens Running Company, 210 S. Milledge Ave, Athens, GA, 30605. Hours for pickup: 11:00am - 1:00pm and 4:00pm to 6:30pm
- Packets can also be mailed for an additional $5 to cover shipping and will be mailed after the race closes to include any awards as well
Creature Comforts Post Race Party and Results: Join us virtually on Sunday, August 2nd for a special post race celebration. We will play video clips of top times, present awards, draw a few prizes and present a check to Mercy Health. Time management and verification will be handled by Classic Race Services with results posted to www.classiconestop.com, www.classicraceservices.com, www.athlinks.com, www.active.com.
Donate to an amazing Athens nonprofit! : 100% of donations will be given directly to Mercy Health Center and would be tax deductible. Every person who donates at sign up will receive an additional entry to the August 2nd post race drawing.
Mercy Health Center: Mercy has been providing FREE Medical, Dental, Pharmacy and Health Education to the low-income uninsured of Clarke, Barrow, Jackson, Madison, Oglethorpe & Oconee counties for more than 17 years. They are able to carry out their mission and serve almost 3,000 patients with the help of more than 700 volunteers and generous donations. Net proceeds from Milledge Mile will go directly to Mercy Health Center.