A Lifeguard Training Class will be offered at the Ashwaubenon Community Pool (2391 S. Ridge Rd.) on the following dates:
- Friday, March 26th (5:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
- Saturday, March 27th (9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
- Sunday, March 28th (9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Full attendance of all three days is mandatory to complete this course.
The following requirements must be completed in a satisfactory manner to continue in the course. This will be completed on Friday, March 26th. Failure to complete these skills will result in failing the course.
1. Swim 300 yards continuously, using each of the following strokes: -Front crawl using rhythmic breathing and stabilizing, propellent kick; -Breaststroke using rhythmic breathing and stabilizing, propellent kick; *There is no time requirement; however, the 300 yards must be continuous - no walking on the bottom or stopping at the side of the pool.
2. Swim 20 yards front crawl or breaststroke, dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10-lb object, return it to the surface, and swim 20 yards; head above water; on back; back to the starting point and exit the water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
***Please view clip for reference of requirements*** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFhnjPVJgOY
For further information contact the Community Center at 920-339-4066.
The registration deadline is Sunday, March 21.
Indoor Pool at Ashwaubenon Community Pool