The Alaska Runners Club is a non-profit organization serving runners in Anchorage Alaska by organizing races, group runs and special events that connect, educate and encourage runners of all ages and abilities.
Mission: Alaska Runners Club (Akrunners) foster and support the running community in Anchorage through team races, clinics, training programs, fitness challenges, and community events. Akrunners believes that running is a way of life. By collaborating with local runners and organizations in our community, we make running accessible to as many people as possible.
Vision: We envision a vibrant ever-growing Alaska running community that brings together runners of all experience levels. We strive to build a community that unites runners in their love for the sport.
Event details and schedule
- Sky Harbor 8k,5k Event will be held at Kincaid Park (9401 Raspberry Rd, Anchorage, AK 99502)
- 8k,5k timed race starts at 11:00am
- Race day Packet Pick-up open at 9:35am
- Award Ceremony begins at 12:25am
Pricing (20% OFF FOR CLUB MEMBERS)
Early Price: Before July 4th
- 8k – $30 (Club Member $24)
- 5k – $25 (Club Member $20)
Regular Price: Before Aug. 31st
- 8k – $35 (Club Member $28)
- 5k – $30 (Club Member $24)
Last Min Price:
- 8k – $40 (Club Member $32)
- 5k – $35 (Club Member $28)
Age Awards: Participants will compete in the following male and female age groups. Age group prizes are awarded to the top three finishers in each age group (8k Timed Race). Winners must be present at the finish line to receive their award. Results will be posted and prizes available at the post race award ceremony. Under 15, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- You must present valid photo ID when picking up your packet.
- Someone else is permitted to pick up your packet with a copy of your photo ID.
Thurs Sep 21st 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm (The Alaska Club West 1400 W. Northern Lights Blvd)
Race Day Packet Pickup – 9:35 am – 10:30 am
Event Parking: Parking will be available in the park (Chalet and Stadium parking lot), located just north and south of Ski Stadium.
Alaska Runners Club