2019 Jack T. Farrar, Jr. "Fill the Shoes" 5KNovember 02, 2019 Hayfield Park 7611 Hayfield Rd Alexandria, VA 22315 View Map Organized by Fill the Shoes
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Hayfield Park7611 Hayfield Rd Alexandria, VA 22315
The Kingstowne Striders are proud to present the 10th annual "Fill the Shoes" 5K in honor of Jack. T. Farrar Jr., a long time Hayfield Farm resident who passed away in November, 2005 just 3 months after a diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
This community race is dedicated to Jack and all people affected by pancreatic cancer. All net proceeds of this event will go directly to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (www.pancan.org) to support them in their mission to "advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer".
Event details and schedule
About This Event:
Come support your community and a very worthy cause by running or walking in the 10th annual 5K to fight pancreatic cancer.
- When. Saturday, November 2nd, 2019. 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM.
- Where. Hayfield Park, 7611 Hayfield Rd, Alexandria, VA 22315. (We will send detailed location and parking information to your e-mail the day before the event.)
- Registration. On-line registration is open through Thursday October, 31st. Registration is $30 through October 15th and $35 through October 31st. You may register at packet pickup on November 1st for $40 (cash or check only). You may also register at the race site the morning of November 2nd for $40 (cash or check only).
- Course. The course is 3 looper starting and ending in Hayfield Park, run clock-wise. For a detailed course map please refer to our website www.filltheshoes.org
- Timing and Scoring. Our good friends at Reston Road Runners will provide accurate timing and scoring for all event participants. All race times and results will be available on site after the event and we will make them available on our website within 24hrs.
- Awards and Extras. ALL race participants will be treated to a custom L/S technical material race shirt, goodies from our sponsors, and a great post-race party with food and raffle prizes. In addition, we award the top 3 overall male and female winners AND the top 3 male and female in each of the following age groups (Under 10, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Over).
- Packet Pickup. Packet pickup will be Friday, November 1st from 12-6:00pm at Honest Soul Yoga or you maye pick up your packet on race day in Hayfield Park from 6:45am-7:30am.
Hope to see you on Nov 2nd - tell a friend!