The 5th Annual Bernalillo County Sugar Skull Fun Run takes place along the scenic Rio Grande bosque. The start and finish are at the northwest corner of the parking lot at the National Hispanic Cultural Center and runs along the trail next to the Rio Grande river. The event also includes music, vendors, face painters, and food trucks. Participants are encouraged to dress up in “Dia de Los Muertos” attire. This has become a very popular annual event.
Event details and schedule
- Registration: Registration runs through October 28, 2018. The registration fee increases to $40 for registrations after October 24, 2018
- Run Times:
- 10K Run start at 9:30 AM
- 5K Runs start at 10:00 AM
- What to wear. “Dia de Los Muertos” costumes and/or face paint are highly encouraged.
- Course: Fun Run is along the Bosque Trail on the west side to the National Hispanic Cultural Center.
- Parking: Park on northwest side of the National Hispanic Cultural Center (1701 4th St SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102)
- Arrival: Upon arrival please check in at the registration tent to pick up your t-shirt and registration information.
Bernalillo County Office of Community Engagement and Outreach