The New Mexico Law Enforcement Memorial Ride is a fully supported bicycle ride beginning in Downtown Albuquerque, NM on August 19, 2017, and travels north 100 kilometers (64 miles) to the NM State Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Santa Fe, NM. The Memorial Ride pays tribute to all fallen Law Enforcement Officers in New Mexico and passes six locations where seven Officers were killed in the line of duty. Though the journey is not an easy one, each mile is a reminder of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their community. With your bib you will receive lunch and a complimentary ride (first 100 regisrtants) with your bicycle back to Albuquerque courtesy of the NM Rail Runner Express!
A 30 kilometer ride will be an optional route to those wishing to participate in the event. The 30K will start at the same location and time as the 100K ride. It will finish at the James McGrane East Mountain Memorial Substation (48 Public Road, Tijeras, NM). Breakfast burritos donated by Golden Pride and other small snacks will be provided. There will be limited transportation back to the start for those who choose the 30K option. Personal transportation highly recommended.
Event details and schedule
Friday, August 18, 2017
• Packet pick-up from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm at Sport Systems, 6915 Montgomery NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87109
Saturday, August 19, 2017
- 6:00 am Late Packet Pick Up at 500 Marquette Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM, 87102
- 7:00 am Opening Presentation of Colors & Chaplain Invocation
- Small Breakfast items provided for participants by Kolache Factory Albuquerque
• 100K/30K Cycling Events start at 7:00 am at 500 Marquette Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM, 87102
- Hard Start for both events at 7:30 am
- 30K Cycling Course closes at 10:00 am
- 100K Cycling Course closes at 3:00 pm
- 100K Cyclists prepare to return to NM-599 Station at 3:00 pm (approximately 3.5 miles)
- Return Southbound Train from NM-599 Station leaves at 3:37 pm (PROMPT) for first 100 Riders Registered participants ONLY.
(All other participants must arrange for own return transportation)
APD Chaplain Unit Fund