Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Melbourne Sports and Aquatic CentreAughtie Drive Albert Park, VIC, Australia 3206
Foundation Coach Trianing Program, presented by Triathlon Australia
The Foundation Coach accreditation will allow coaches to prepare for, deliver and review pre-designed triathlon coaching sessions for participation focused triathletes in a range of controlled environments.
The Foundation Coach Training Program content includes:
· Strategies for creating and maintaining a safe coaching environment.
· Preparing for, delivering and reviewing triathlon sessions.
· Developing fundamental coaching and technical skills.
Coaches will have access to an online Knowledge Hub resource, which details the principles of effective coaching and the Foundation level skills of triathlon across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
The Foundation Coach Training Program been specifically designed to provide a supporting and engaging environment for developing the fundamentals of coaching triathlon, to equip coaches with the necessary skills and resources to start coaching.
A Foundation Coach is building their coaching experience and have foundation level triathlon specific knowledge. They will be working in a triathlon specific coaching practice [club and/or squad] in an assistant coaching role, under the supervision, guidance and mentoring of a higher qualified coach
The Foundation Coach is able to prepare for, deliver and review basic predesigned triathlon coaching sessions designed for a group of athletes with a mix of ages and/or skill levels participating in a club or squad-based novice, participation focused training sessions. (i.e.not individual 1 on 1 coaching).
The Foundation Coach Training Program is made up of:
· 2-day face to face program attendance.
· A blended delivery strategy will be employed utilising the Flipped Classroom approach in a balance of online learning, face to face learning sessions and practical coaching.
· 20-25 hours of independent learning and assessment tasks over 3-4 weeks via the Knowledge Hub [prior to attending the face to face sessions].
Coaches will be required to complete home study online tasks, plan, deliver and review practical sessions (on course).
What will I Learn?
The course will focus on developing key coaching skills including:
· How to communicate effectively.
· How to engage athletes.
· How to give quality meaningful feedback.
Coaches will also be introduced to the triathlon disciplines (swim, bike, run and transitions) and the basic skills to be coached. You will also cover athlete safety and welfare, session preparation, evaluation and reflection.
The course is supported by the Triathlon Australia Knowledge Hub online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the program and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
· Coaches must be at least 18 years of age at the commencement of the learning program.
· Be a current Triathlon Australia member. This is to provide you with appropriate insurance to cover you whilst completing the program.
· Have access to an internet connected device for the Knowledge Hub online resource.
· Coaches will be registered for the qualification for a period of 12 months from the start of the course. However, most learners complete in-line with the course duration.
On successful completion of the Foundation Coach Training Program, coaches will be able to:
· Engage and inspire people to take part in triathlon.
· Safely organise and deliver triathlon activities for a range of ages and abilities, across a range of environments.
· Demonstrate generic and triathlon specific coaching skills, good practice in coaching, athlete safety and welfare, equitable and inclusive coaching practice, and working with others.
Event details and schedule
WHEN 5th & 6th October 2019
TIME 7.30am - 5.00pm Saturday and Sunday
WHERE Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre. Aughtie Drive, Albert Park, VIC 3206.
COST TA Member's only $385