This second Tri clinic is designed to give you a "mini" triathlon experience. We will do an open water swim as well as going over the TRANSITION, a very important part to a succesful race. We will help you set up your transition, just like you would on race day and practice transitioning between the three events. We will be practicing the 3 elements of the triathlon. We will swim the race course and then transition from swim to bike to run. We will be swimming as close to the actual race day swim distance as we can. You will be using your bike but not riding out on the course during the clinic and you will use your run gear for a shorter version of the race day run.
What to bring:
For the swim:
- Wetsuit (if you still need one, please see email Stephen Smoker at firstname.lastname@example.org he can get you all set up for you making it very easy to rent a wetsuit. He will bring it to the clinic site on Saturday)
- Swim Cap
* we will have plenty of safety swimmers, our goal is to get you through the entire swim distance we will be approaching this AS if it were race day. You will all start together and swim the course.
- Bag for all of your stuff
- Water bottles
- Food that you will be using at the race
For the Bike:
- Shoes (either running shoes or cycling shoes)
For the Run:
- Race belt if you have one
- Snack for before and after
- Beach chair to sit in
- Layers for first thing in the morning and something warm to drink. We will be talking and going through the entire transition. You will want to be warm enough to sit through that time.
Event schedule and times
- 9:00-10:30 - Discuss the race course, strategies for setting up and executing the transition, and Q & A to address all of your concerns
- 10:30-11:00 - Set up transtion and get wetsuits on
- 11:00-12:00 - Swim the distance of the race and run through transtioning from swim to bike to run