- Race Results
- NEW WRESTLING CLUB FOR SOUTHERN MAINE BASED IN YORK!
Hammerhead Wrestling Systems seeks to provide instruction in all areas of amateur folk style & freestyle wrestling, to prepare athletes for success in the sport of wrestling. This is to be achieved through a proprietary instructional and belt-level system. Much like the martial arts, Hammerhead Wrestling recognizes and ranks skill attainment and progression with award belts similar to those made popular in MMA and the UFC. Open to wrestlers aged 6-18; this program is being held in conjunction with the York Parks and Recreation Department. Each session is open to all area wrestlers regardless of town of residence and will run 8 weeks in the fall, winter, and spring. Check out www.hammerheadwrestling.com for more details or call Bryan Thompson at 207-337-3959.
- NEW! HOMEWORK & TUTORING CLUB - ADDITIONAL $80.00 PER CHILD:
- Wouldn't it be wonderful to come home after practice knowing you can have a homework free evening? Let us help you! We will be offering a homework and tutoring club before Hammerhead sessions. The sessions will run the thirty minutes before your child's wrestling practice begins. During this time, Mary Jo Thompson, a special education teacher, will be offering guidance, support, organizational tips, and reteaching concepts if necessary. All students who attend will need to have the necessary tools/materials and the rest will be taken care of.
- Academic success is an essential piece of the Hammerhead philosophy and system- this is a great opportunity for the club to support participating wrestlers interesting in fulfilling the academic goals required for belt level advancement.
- Cost- $80 for the entire 8 weeks. Winter session begins Tuesday, December 11th. Tutoring sessions meet in a classroom near the wrestling room at YHS - 4:30-5 pm for youth division (K-5), and 5:30-6:00pm for middle school/high school division. This is an additional sign-up up feature - all students must also be signed up for the current wrestling session.
- This program will be run in 8 week sessions at the York High School Wrestling room. The schedule is as follows:
- Middle School through High School:
December 11, 2012 - February 7, 2012 - Tuesdays/Thursdays
Wrestling from 6:00pm - 7:30pm / Homework Club & Wrestling from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Cost: Residents - $85.00 / $165.00 Homework Club & Wrestling
Non-residents - $95.00 / $175.00 Homework Club & Wrestling
Map & Direction
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
York Parks and Recreation (207) 363-1040 Office Location: 200 US Route 1, Mail to: 186 York Street York, ME, United States of America 03909Get Directions