Lisa Druxman, M.A., is the founder of Stroller Strides, the largest fitness program for new moms in the United States. Druxman earned her master's degree at San Diego State University in psychology with an emphasis in exercise adherence and weight control. She created the weight management program, L.E.A.N. Mommy (Learn Eating Awareness and Nutrition), which was released as a book by Hachette Publishing in 2007.
A noted authority on prenatal and postnatal fitness, Druxman has been a presenter at IDEA Health and Fitness Association’s national and world conferences, and is certified as an instructor, personal trainer and provider of Continuing Education through the American Council on Exercise (ACE). Druxman sits on the board of the Postpartum Health Alliance and was the recipient of the 2007 Program Director of the Year award. She has received business awards from organizations such as the National Association of Women Business Owners for her unique and successful business.
A regular contributor to several San Diego area TV news stations, Druxman has been featured on NBC's Today Show, CNN, The Montel Williams Show and Access Hollywood. She has been profiled in magazines such as Entrepreneur, Woman's Day, Good Housekeeping and Self.
Druxman relishes the Stroller Strides mission statement, "Helping moms make strides in fitness, motherhood and life." She lives in San Diego with her husband, young son and newborn daughter.
- Cat/Cow Pose
- Prenatal and New Mom Nutrition - Tip to Save Time
- Myths Of Pregnancy - You can?t workout during pregnancy if you didn?t exercise before
- Groceries: YES, Please!
- Groceries: Just Say NO!
- Today?s technology is making us fat
- Myth or Truth? You should cut back exercise in the last trimester
- Weekly To Do: Get Sodium Intake Down!
- Bite Size Pieces
- Snap, Crackle, Pop!
- Food Awareness is Key
- The Calorie Connection
- Write It Down!
- Plan To Workout Almost Every Day
- What?s The Plan
Lisa Druxman's Articles
- Functional Fitness for New Moms
- Why Your Workout Should Change With Pregnancy
- Nine Months On, Nine Months Off
- Upper Body Stroller Workout
- Lower Body Stroller Workout
- The Front Pack Workout
- Fit After Cesarean
- The Power of Posture
- The Mommy Diet
- What to Look for When Buying a Stroller
- Tips for Pre- and Postnatal Fitness
- Fitness Training for Pregnant Athletes
- Pilates for Pregnancy