The 8th Annual KK's 5K will be held on August 5th at 6:30 p.m. at the Hare Pavillion at the Wilmington Riverfront. All proceeds will benefit Eosinophilic Esophagitis research at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) is a rare autoimmune disease that causes an abundance of white blood cells to form in the esophagus. These white blood cells cause rings and furrows in the esophagus and, eventually, left untreated the esophagus will close. Our eleven year-old daughter, Caleigh, nick-named KK, suffers from EoE. Caleigh, and other like her, are unable to eat food, and they receive all of their nutrients from a medical formula. She undergoes daily drugs, quarterly endoscopies, and on-going food trials. Our goal is to raise money for EoE research and to someday find a cure!!!
Event schedule and times
Come Join us for the 8th Annual KK’s 5k on Monday August 5th, 2013
* Location: Flat, fast course around the Wilmington Riverfront and Frawley Stadium
* Race Time: 6:30 pm (registration opens at 5:30 pm at Hare Pavillion)
* Entry Fee: $20 till August 4th, $25 day of event.
* Online Registration available until August 3rd at http://www.active.com
* Reason: Caleigh Hoban, nicked named Kay Kay by her sister Maddie, suffers from Eosinophilic Esophagitis, a disease that prevents her from eating food. Caleigh, like thousands of other children who suffer from EoE, undergoes daily drugs, quarterly endoscopies, and on-going food testing to find foods that her body will accept.
* Benefits: Eosinophilic Esophagitis Research at the Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia. All money raised from this event will go to assist EoE research at CHOP.
* Amenities: Tee shirts and Post Party with refreshments.
* Awards: Overall male and female runners and age group winners will win awards.
* Contact: For more information, contact Colleen or Jim Hoban email@example.com or visit us on Facebook at KK’s 5k Run/Walk.