Spring Swim Lessons- Parent/Child
Start: Sunday, May 5, 2013
West Hollywood , CA 90069
To familiarize young children (from ages 6 months to about 3 years) to the water and prepare them to learn to swim in the American Red Cross Preschool Aquatics or Learn-to-Swim courses. It is not designed to teach children to become good swimmers or to survive in the water on their own.
- No skill prerequisites
- Child must be at least 6 months old to enroll
- Parent or other caregiver must accompany each child into the water and participate in each class
- Learn to ask for permission before entering the water.
- Learn how to enter and exit the water in a safe manner.
- Feel comfortable in the water.
- Explore submerging to the mouth, nose and eyes completely.
- Explore buoyancy on the front and back position.
- Change body position in the water with support.
- Learn basic water safety rules and how to avoid water hazards around the home.
- Learn about the importance of wearing a life jacket and experience wearing one.
- Learn how to stay safe in, on and around the water, including knowing how to stay safe in the sun and how to avoid recreational water illnesses.
- Learn how to call for help and the importance of knowing first aid and CPR.