- Race Results
(Ages 2-3 with parent/caregiver)
This class provides a wonderful opportunity for a parent or caregiver and child to make music together as they participate in slightly more complex musical activities, including singing songs and lullabies, chants, finger plays, wiggles, bounces, listening and movement. Call and response activities are introduced as well as activities that encourage creativity and individual contribution. Simple percussion instruments such as shakers, drums, and bells are used to enforce the learning of steady beat. Concepts such as body/spatial awareness, numbers, colors, shapes, seasons, family, and animals are reinforced through identification games and musical play. Participants receive guidance on children's musical development, along with tools that support the creation of a nurturing musical environment at home.
Class activities and benefits include:
- Opportunities to play basic percussion instruments such as shakers and drums
- Repertoire of songs and activities to use at home
- Age-appropriate musical activities that support childhood development
- Increased social development and exploration
- Encouragement of individual response
- Cultivation of creative expression
- Development of identification skills
For more information, please contact Gabriela Cohen, ECEM Department Chair, at (202) 686-8000 x1107 or email@example.com.
Map & Direction
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
DC - Upton Street, NW Campus Sallie Mae Hall, 2801 Upton Street, NW Washington, DC, United States of America 20008Get Directions