- Race Results
(Ages 6-7 without parent/caregiver)
The Musical Journeys class explores the music and languages of many different countries and cultures. In today's global community, music is the perfect conduit to promote respect and understanding of many cultures and at the same time introduce new musical concepts. Each class includes songs, folk tales, musical games and dances from a variety of world cultures. An excellent complement to private lessons, Musical Journeys deepens children's understanding of musical concepts and enriches their knowledge of world cultures.
Class benefits and activities include:
- Opportunities for ensemble playing on unique world percussion and Orff instruments
- Introductory music reading and writing activities that are incorporated into each lesson
- Increased geographic awareness and cultural knowledge
- Movement activities to experience musical form and rhythmic patterns kinesthetically
- Continued development of rhythmic and musical notation skills
For more information, please contact Gabriela Cohen, ECEM Department Chair, at (202) 686-8000 x1107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Map & Direction
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
DC - Upton Street, NW Campus Sallie Mae Hall, 2801 Upton Street, NW Washington, DC, United States of America 20008Get Directions