- Race Results
2013 Zachary Manago's Ride in Paradise
Start: Saturday, July 6, 2013 @ 7:00 AM (HST)
Oahu, HI Wahiawa off Kamehameha Hwy near Leilehua Rd (park at guard shack across Lehua Rd)
Wahiawa , HI 96816
Wahiawa , HI 96816
Registration Closing Date
Thursday, July 4, 2013 @ 8:00 PM (HST)
Zach s Ride supports the Hawaii Bicycling League s (HBL) Safety Education & Awareness Program started by Zach s family. All donations are used for out of pocket expenses to third parties. We've trained League Certified Instructors, created a script for training Roberts Hawaii bus drivers and HPD bicyclist awareness and the laws, and developed a PSA with Jake Shimabukuro for share the road message. None of the funds are being used to support HBL staff or to pay for basic expenses like rent.
Rider Support & Rules
1. No Entry Fee. Donations encouraged for safety education but not required.
2. Bring your tools, tubes, and pumps. Support vehicle will help with minor repair supplies, pump, water, sports drink, snacks, and afternoon post-ride meal.
3. Riders will be given Bib Numbers for identification in case of emergency.
4. Safety First. Bicycle helmets mandatory. No headphones please
5. Not an endurance test. Cyclists will be encouraged to ride the city bus if completing ride is too strenuous.
6. Not a race. No passing ride leaders. Regroup at aid stations every 10-15 miles. Ride together with others.
Saturday July 6, 2013 - 70 miles
Stage 1 Honolulu State Capitol - Waikiki (4 miles). Ride begins from the Capitol at 7:30am.
Stage 2 Waikiki - Kailua - Kaneohe (37 miles)
Stage 3 Kaneohe - Kahuku - Waimea Bay (33 miles). Ride ends in Waimea about 5pm.
Sunday July 7, 2013 - 68 miles
Stage 1 Wahiawa - Waialua - Kaena Point - Yokohama Bay (17 miles). Meet in Wahiawa at Zach's Memorial at 6:30am.
Stage 2 Yokohama Bay - Waianae - Kapolei - Pearl City - Honolulu State Capitol (51 miles). Ride ends at the Capitol about 5pm.
Directions to Zach's Memorial
Take H2 to Mililani (exit 7). Take a left at the off-ramp towards Wheeler. At the bottom of the hill, take a left at the stoplight onto Kamehameha Highway. Go 1/2 a mile until there's a break in the median, there's a small guardhouse on the left.
Take Kamehameha highway towards town, underneath the H2 overpass. After passing Leilehua intersection, go 1/2 a mile until there's a break in the median, there's a small guardhouse on the left.