Boogie Boards. Baggies. Beach Cruisers. Beer! And we're bringing it all to one of the world's most famous beaches--Daytona Beach! For our second year in Daytona, we've moved the event to the historic Daytona Beach Band Shell--right near the Ocean Walk Shoppes--a great location for our transition area, finish line, Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party AND for spectators to get a look at the fun!
What makes our triathlon different from other "traditional" triathlons? Well, the Life's A Beach Triathlon is stoked to be the most fun and accessible triathlon ever! Almost anyone can do it!
Our bodacious course designers will have you "swimming" for 200 yards. Want to use fins? Be our guest! Want to use a boogie board? Awesome! When you exit the water, you'll meet the first of your Life's A Beach Challenges--the Turtle Crawl. You'll wiggle your way up the beach under a net before hitting the Transition Area to hop on your fat-tire bike for 5 miles. That's right, you don't need some skinny-tire, $5,000, aerodynamic speed demon for Life's A Beach! Any fat-tire bike (beach cruisers recommended) will do! You might have a few "soft sand challenges" on the bike, but after that you're off on a 2-mile beach run for fun in the Daytona sun! And, this is where you'll meet two more challenges--our Leapin' Loungers and Totally Tubular--before limboing across our Life's A Beach finish line.
Heard your serious triathlon friends talk about shaving seconds off their transition times? Well, at Life's A Beach "transition time" means how long it takes to get you from the finish line into beach bash mode--dancing in the sand to the beat of our live music or chillaxing with a cold beverage while waiting for your friends to finish.
We'll even have a free Hatchling Dash event for the kids--so bring along the family for some beach fun!
Event Distances (hey, we're beach dudes so these might not be exact)
- Almost Anything Goes Swim--200 yards
LIfe's A Beach Triathlon Booty
- Post-Race Snack and Drink
Official Life's A Beach Triathlon Daytona Beach Host Hotel
- Hilton Daytona Beach Resort/Ocean Walk Village
- Great Rates for Friday and Saturday nights
Life's A Beach Triathlon Gives Back
- We LOVE our beach environment and recognize and support those who conserve and protect its resources. Because our logo is a sea turtle, we've chosen to support the local turtle conservation program at each of our venues (or another local marine conservation/education non-profit if there is no turtle program) with a $1 donation per each paid entry. In Daytona Beach we're making our donations to the Marine Science Center at Ponce Inlet!
No Refunds on Race Registrations
Event schedule and times
Friday, October 4
- 4pm-8pm: Racer Packet Pick-Up
- Chillax at the Hilton Daytona Beach Resort
Saturday, October 5
- 7:00am-8:45am: Racer Packet Pick-Up
- 7:00am-8:45am: Transition Area Open for bike/run gear set-up
- 9:00am: First Start Wave of Life's A Beach Triathlon
- Hatchling Dash will start following the last finisher of the triathlon
- Awards approximately one hour after the last finisher