It's waiting for you. All you have to do is try!
Tri the Rock is a youth triathlon open to kids ages 5-14. This race is for kids who have never tried a triathlon or have been competing all their lives. The goal is for the participants to complete the race and have a great time doing it. Each participant gets a goodie bag, finisher medal and lunch for completeing the race. There are also place medals (1st - 3rd) for each age category (boy and girl). We offer three different distances for the five age categories (5/6 years, 7/8 & 9/10, and 11/12 & 13/14). Age is determined by age of the racer on race day.
Tri the Rock also supports every kid's physcial education program by donating $10 of every entry fee to the participant's school. There is a competition among the schools for the Tri the Rock challenge trophy. The school with the most athletes at Tri the Rock get to take the traveling trophy to their school for the year and the participating athletes get a pool party at the Castle Rock Recreation Center leisure pool.
Event schedule and times
Sat. May 18
- 12 - 2 pm: Packet pick-up at the Castle Rock Recreation Center (2301 Woodlands Blvd. Castle Rock, 80104)
Sun. May 19
- 7:45 am: BIke racks close for 7-14 year olds: 7:45 am
- 8 am: 13/14 year old start
- Other age groups start right after in descending order
(All times following are estimates and depend upon how many kids are racing)
- 11:00 am: Check-in and bike racks open for 5/6 year olds
- 11:30 am: 5/6 year olds begin