This is an intermediate level, 1.3-mile swim across the current. Prerequisites - must be able to swim 1 mile comfortably in open water, in 50 minutes or less; must have completed at least 2 open water swims.
Equipment to have:
- Lots of warm clothes and a hat to put on after you swim
- Bottle of warm water to clean the sand off your feet off after the swim
- Body Glide or Vaseline (if you don't have any we'll have some extra, too)
- Swim Suit
- Wetsuit (optional)
- Earplugs, if your ears are at all sensitive to the water
- Trash bag to take your wet wetsuit home in
SPECTATORS: We can take spectators for an additional $5 (please pay in cash on the day of the event). Indicate on the sign up form how many spectators you think you might bring.