Leelanau Harvest Tour
Start: Sunday, September 15, 2013 @ 7:30 AM (EDT)
Suttons Bay , MI 49682
Registration Closing Date
Thursday, September 12, 2013 @ 9:00 PM (EDT)
The Leelanau Harvest Tour is a great biking adventure for both families and single riders as the fall colors begin to show and temperatures begin to cool. Leaving from the Suttons Bay High School, routes of approximately 20, 40, 65, and 100 miles wind throughout beautiful Leelanau County on excellent paved roads passing by farms, orchards, vineyards, dunes, and through quaint villages. So come, ride, relax, and enjoy all that this beautiful peninsula has to offer.
Register by July 1 - Individual: $25; Family: $60
Register by August 15 - Individual: $30; Family: $70
Register by September 12 - Individual: $35; Family: $80
Day of tour - Individual: $40; Family: $85
Note: Lunch may not be available for day of tour registrants.
Extra lunches (pre-ordered by September 12) - $10
Long sleeve t-shirts (pre-ordered by August 26) - S thru XL $20; XXL $22
Save $$$ - Register by July 1! Tour is limited to 1100 riders!
• Well-marked roads on all routes. To view route maps with elevation profiles, click on link to organizer's website under More Information below.
• Detailed route maps provided.
• Roving SAG support for emergencies.
• Food stops with toilet facilities.
• Post ride lunch.
• Showers at Suttons Bay High School.
• Bike techs available morning of tour for last minute help at reasonable rates.
RIDE FOOD STOPS
Great food on all routes. Rest stops on longer routes are spaced 20-30 miles apart, most with lake views. Local specialties will be featured. Each rest stop has toilet facilities.
POST-RIDE HARVEST LUNCH
Lunch will be served at the school from noon until 4:30 pm. The lunch is included in the tour fee for registrations received by September 13. Lunch may not be available for day of tour registrants.
• All riders must wear helmets.
• Riders are to obey all traffic rules and laws and to ride in a courteous and safe manner. Michigan law
requires cyclists to ride as near to the right as practicable and no more than two abreast.
• Children 15 and under must be accompanied by a cycling adult.
• Have your bike in good working order and bring appropriate tubes and tools for minor repairs.
• Online registration closes at midnight, Thursday, September 12.
• Day of tour registration is available, but may not include lunch.
• Save by registering early.
• Packet pick-up/day of ride registration is 7:30 to 10 am at the Suttons Bay HIgh School.
• Century riders should plan to start by 8 am; 65 milers by 9 am; 20 and 40 milers by 10 am.
• Lunch service ends at 4:30 pm and SAG support ends on all routes at 4:30 pm, so gauge your ride time appropriately.
• Parents or guardians must sign release for riders aged 17 or under.
• Your wristband is your admission to food stops, the lunch, and for SAG service.
• This is a rain or shine tour, so no refunds will be made after August 30.
All routes start and finish at the Suttons Bay Senior High School located 16 miles north of Traverse City at 500 South Elm Street, Suttons Bay, MI. From Traverse City take M-22 north for 14.5 miles, turn left on 4th Street and then right on South Elm to the school. Click on map below for start location details.
By email: Write to email@example.com.
By phone: Call the TART Trails office at (231) 941-4300, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am. to 5 pm.
For information on hotels, motels, camping, and area attractions, please see links on the tour website.
The Leelanau Harvest Tour, sponsored by the Cherry Capital Cycling Club, has donated over $144,000 to Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails, Inc. since 1999 to support ongoing trail network expansion and improvements.