Veterans Day USA - Honoring Military Service 5k (2nd Annual)
Start: Sunday, November 11, 2012 @ 9:00 AM (CST)
St Paul , MN 55103
1. Professionally chip timed 5k on USATF Certified 5k course 'round beautiful Como Lake.
2. Distinctive 11/11 Vets Day 5k Commemorative shirts
3. Americana music/announcer
5. Lively camaraderie & refreshments
6. Celebrating the #1 military services in the world on 11/11 Veterans Day
7. Exercising our liberty 'cause the strong best defend life, liberty & happiness
8. Added tax-deductible funds raised to benefit wounded vets
This is #6 of 7 of CC's Americana Heritage Series 5k Events, being presented as an active, grateful and honoring celebration of all who who have served, and those who currently serve, in any of the several branches of the US military to protect and defend the US Constitution and thereby the life-liberty-happiness of others.
Inspiring words from "America the Beautiful" will be played at this 1st Annual Veterans Day USA 5k:
O beautiful for heroes prov'd
In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life.
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine.
O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears.
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea.
Hear the brilliant interpretation of this song by Ray Charles by clicking on More Information below