Members save on registration & get special perks. Learn More
1. Race, walk or run with Moms, GrandMoms, family & friends, on Mothers Day to Celebrate Generations of Active-Athletic Moms & their Fun-Fit Families.
2. Chip timed 5k on USATF Certified 5k @ beautiful urban lake's paved paths.
3. Designer commemorative shirts, refreshments.
4. Inspiring Moms Day Event music.
5. Fabulous photographic record & online slideshow available after event.
Sunday, May 12, 2013; Professionally Chip Timed Mothers Day 5k - Celebration of Active Generations
Location and Fees
St Paul, MN Como Lake, USATF cerfified 5k course on paved paths, Start & finish is near Como Lake’s Lakeside White Pavilion. Free & Easy Access Parking Lots @ Como Lake.
For Event info & race day entry go to www.CharitiesChallenge.org
CC Holiday Event Special Purposes & Added Benefits
1. Immediate RxExercise benefits of walking or running together; RxExercise taken together improves lives & relationships, especially on Special Holidays!
2. The financially challenged have the greatest health/fitness needs, so CC is accepting donations to provide gifts of athletic shoes and clothes, Pro Bono CC Memberships & Training Programs to those in need of effective RxExercise leadership.
2013 Holiday Run Series of 12 Events in St Paul
Holiday Run x12 @ St Paul:
#1 Valentines 5k, Feb 9
#2 St Patrick's 5k, Mar 17
#3 Easter Sunday 5k, Mar 31
#4 Mothers Day 5k, May 12
#5 Memorial Day 5k, May 27
#6 Fathers Day 5k, June 16
#7 4th of July - Free to Run 4 Miles
#8 Halloween 5k, Oct 26
#9 Veterans Day 5k, Nov 11
#10 Thanksgiving Day 5k, Nov 28
#11 Christmas Day 5k, Dec 25
#12 New Year's Eve Day 5k, Dec 31
For details of Holiday Run Series go to CC web site.
More 2013 Charities Challenge Race Events
Register Now for other CC Special Limited Entry Events in St Paul, MN
2013 Series of 8 Life's Challenge 5k Events
#1 - Challenge Happiness 5k, April 14
#2 - Challenge Obesity 5k, April 21
#3 - Challenge Hearts & Minds 5k, May 27
#4 - Challenge Diabetes 5k, June 29
#5 - Challenge Cancer 5k, July 27
#6 - Challenge Addiction 5k, Aug 11
#7 - Challenge Arthritis 5k, Aug 24
#8 - Challenge Aging 5k, Sept 22
For details of each of the 2013 Life Challenge 5k Events go to www.CharitiesChallenge.org
2013 Americana Heritage Series @ 4 Run/Walk Events
#1 - Memorial Day 5k, May 27
#2 - Free to Run 4 Miles , July 4
#3 - Veterans Day 5k - Honoring Military Service Nov 10
#4 - Thanksgiving Day USA 5k, Nov 28
For details go to www.CharitiesChallenge.org
Top 10 Reasons to Walk or Run with Moms on Mothers Day at Charities Challenge "Mothers Day 5k - Celebration of Active Generations"
1. Heart disease is the #1 risk of premature death among women.
2. Even among the sub-population of women diagnosed with breast cancer the leading cause of premature death is heart disease, not cancer.
The Good News: Regular RxExercise is a proven, powerful protection against heart disease.
3. RxExercise is also a powerful therapy in the management of cardio-vascular diseases (CVD) for many at risk for the many challenges and complications of CVD.
4. But most Moms report they lack time for their own RxExercise and often feel over-stressed.
5. Yet regular RxExercise, a brisk walk or run, is also a proven, low-cost, irreplaceably effective stress management therapy. And, there is no cure for all the ills associated with lack of exercise!
6. RxExercise is more likely to be regularly filled by those individuals who have someone caring enough to help support their healthful exercises, like fitness walking or running, by active, participatory encouragement of walking or running alongside.
7. Research has found that Moms who exercise are more likely to have children who exercise.
8. Therefore, Charities Challenge will lead in an annual "Celebration of Generations" of Active-Fit Families led by healthfully active Moms and Dads on Mothers and Fathers Days as part of CC's ongoing, year-round RxExercise Leadership Programs & Events. Mothers Day will include special recognition and awards to Moms who are making an RxExercise difference in their own lives as well as the lives of their happier-healthier families.
9. Come to Como Lake on Mothers Day to Celebrate Moms' RxExercise leadership to their families and our communities.
10. And, come to encourage all women to be happily-healthfully active, joining in fitness walking or running, thereby making the most immediate, and most lasting, contribution to women's health by celebrating, supporting and sharing in their RxExercise.