- Race Results
1. Race, walk or run with Moms, GrandMoms, family & friends, on Mothers Day to Celebrate Generations of Active-Athletic Moms & their Fun-Fit Families.
2. USATF Certified 5k course around a beautiful urban lake's paved paths.
3. Designer commemorative shirts, refreshments.
4. Inspiring Moms Day Event music.
5. Fabulous photographic record & online slideshow available after event.
Top 10 Reasons to Walk or Run with Moms on Mothers Day at Charities Challenge "Mothers Day 5k - Celebration of Active Generations"
1. Heart disease is the #1 risk of premature death among women.
2. Even among the sub-population of women diagnosed with breast cancer the leading cause of premature death is heart disease, not cancer.
The Good News: Regular RxExercise is a proven, powerful protection against heart disease.
3. RxExercise is also a powerful therapy in the management of cardio-vascular diseases (CVD) for many at risk for the many challenges and complications of CVD.
4. But most Moms report they lack time for their own RxExercise and often feel over-stressed.
5. Yet regular RxExercise, a brisk walk or run, is also a proven, low-cost, irreplaceably effective stress management therapy. And, there is no cure for all the ills associated with lack of exercise!
6. RxExercise is more likely to be regularly filled by those individuals who have someone caring enough to help support their healthful exercises, like fitness walking or running, by active, participatory encouragement of walking or running alongside.
7. Research has found that Moms who exercise are more likely to have children who exercise.
8. Therefore, Charities Challenge will lead in an annual "Celebration of Generations" of Active-Fit Families led by healthfully active Moms and Dads on Mothers and Fathers Days as part of CC's ongoing, year-round RxExercise Leadership Programs & Events. Mothers Day will include special recognition and awards to Moms who are making an RxExercise difference in their own lives as well as the lives of their happier-healthier families.
9. Come to Como Lake on Mothers Day to Celebrate Moms' RxExercise leadership to their families and our communities.
10. And, come to encourage all women to be happily-healthfully active, joining in fitness walking or running, thereby making the most immediate, and most lasting, contribution to women's health by celebrating, supporting and sharing in their RxExercise.
Map & Direction
Sunday, May 13, 2012 @ 8:30 AM (CDT)
Como Lake Visit our web site for map & directions www.CharitiesChallenge.org St Paul, MN 55103Get Directions