Kohl';s, St. John';s Children';s Hospital, Gen H, and the Springfield Tri Club are sponsoring these triathlons to promote healthy active kids. There will be 2 races this year. The original race is open to ages 6-13 (as of Dec 31, 2013) and is 100 meter pool swim; 1.25 mile bike (with one hill); 1/2 mile run. The "mini" version is open to ages 5-6. This consists of 50 meter swim; .6 mile bike; and 1/4 mile run. Helmets are mandatory.
All kids will receive a "goodie bag" with t-shirt, insulated water bottle, and finisher medals will be given out as they finish the races. Awards will be awarded for age groups (5-6 in mini race and 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, and 12-13 for the original race).
The Springfield Tri Club reserves the right to cancel any or all events due to bad weather conditions or circumstances beyond our control. No refunds or transfers available.
Event schedule and times
Packet Pick-up July 19, 2013 from 4-6 pm Near the Nelson Center at Lincoln Park
Race Day (July 20, 2013)
- 7:00-8:30 a.m.: Packet Pick-up and Body Marking
- 7:00-8:45 a.m.: Transition area open
- 8:45 a.m.: Mini Pre-Race Meeting
- 9:00 a.m.: Mini Race Begins
- 9:15 a.m.: Original Pre-Race Meeting
- 9:30 a.m.: Original Race Begins
- 10:30 a.m.: Post-Race Festivities and Awards