The Grass Lake Youth Summer League invites you to participate in our softball tournament. The tournament format will depend on the number of teams entered (guaranteed three games). Awards will be awarded for first and second place in each age division. Age limit is determined as of January 1, 2012. Entry fee is $275.00. Make checks payable to GRASS LAKE YOUTH SUMMER LEAGUE. Payment and entry forms are due by May 23rd, 2012. You will be notified no later than May 27th as to the time of your team?s first game. Please pass this information on to the correct individual if you are no longer the contact person softball in your community. There will be an admission fee of $5/vehicle, which is good for the entire weekend.
1. NFHS rules will be followed except as noted or emphasized below.
2. All games will be one hour and 45 minutes. If there is a tie the game will go into extra innings with the international tie break rule in effect.
3. Teams are REQUIRED to supply ONE game ball per game.
4. Teams play the field with nine players and may bat entire roster if they choose.
5. You must have eight players to start game. The ninth batting spot will be an out when up. A team choosing not to use an EH will not be assessed an out following the ninth batter
6. Free Substitutions.
7. Courtesy runners encouraged for catchers with two outs. Courtesy runners may be any player who is not currently in the game and will not count as an entry into the game for either player.
8. Players can compete on only one team.
For more information, contact:Ryan Hackworth (810) 602-1119 email@example.com