Vision: NWABR is the Northwest’s leading voice for understanding and integrity in biomedical research
NWABR Mission: Promotes the understanding of biomedical research and its ethical conduct
Mission advances the understanding and support of biomedical research by:
- promoting awareness of the values, principles and ethical issues in biomedical research
- empowering citizens and leaders to make informed choices about biomedical research
- building community across the Northwest’s scientific and educational institutions
- creating an environment where research flourishes
- NWABR Camp BIOmed is inspired by the success of our former NIH SEPA funded Student Research Fellows program (https://www.nwabr.org/events-programs/student-events/student-research-fellows), our goal is to inspire students to consider a career in biomedicine, biotechnology or bioengineering through immersion in the biomedical research community.
At NWABR our Camp BIOmed is a core education program as the educational experience provides the opportunity for NWABR and its carefully selected partners to inspire young people (grades 10-12) to formulate their understanding of biomedical research and its ethical conduct.