- Race Results
Team Time Trials are a competition. Two person teams begin 30 seconds from the next team and then race 27.0 miles against the clock for awards in various gender, equipment, age, and ability divisions. We also have tandem and co-ed divisions! Teams will be seed started according to their supplied predicted average mph for the course. Last year's winner(s) and any course record holders are given the honor of being seeded last. Five minutes prior to appointed start time is customary for arriving for staging. The team's time begins at the appointed start time, whether they are present to start or not. Late starts are coordinated in the "Late Start Lane" located next to the start ramps. Arriving late to the staging area of the start is considered problematic. You must wait for the referree to start you which means waiting until the team currently on the ramp has gone down the ramp. Timing is recorded from the team's appointed start time, until the leading edge of the front wheel of the 2nd member of the team crosses the finish line. Any separation from your teammate is counter-productive. You should always be finishing with your teammate, regardless of the physical or mechanical condition that slows them down. You MUST finish together. Leaving your partner behind, unless they are withdrawing, is frowned upon. If your partner drops out, it is the responsibility of the finishing partner to go back to the finish line official immediately after finishing to inform officials of your partner's situation. Tour de Gruene awards are to be presented to top times in each division. Quantity of prizes awarded is dependent upon total entries per division. Typically 3 places.
G E N E R A L I N F O R M A T I O N
• This new course is 27.0 miles (map link at top left of page). For 2013, due to the hwy dept widening highway 306 and building bridges over the railroad tracks near Gruene, the site for the start/finish has changed from Gruene to Sattler (just a few miles north). The route will now go south on River Road (instead of north). All turns will be right hand turns (clockwise). The TTT route has increased in distance over last year, from 26.6 miles and 630 ft of climbing, to 27 miles and 755 feet of climbing. The route this year will be .4 miles longer and climb 125 additional feet. A link to the TTT map can be found in the upper left of this webpage. • Entrants do not need any license, of any kind, to participate. • Each team member receives a quality event t-shirt AND an admission ticket to Wurstfest ($22 value) • The first 300 teams to register are in.
• Online registration fees are $45/per racer ($90 per team) through August 26th. They go up to $50/per racer ($100/team) from August 27th through October 17th. There are no mail-in nor walk-up registrations for this event.
• This event will close out when the field limit of 300 teams has been met, or at the latest, October 17th when registration closes. This event usually closes out early due to the maximum number of team entries having been met before the closing date.
What you need to know to register • Team Captain will register both team members online at the same time. In order to complete the online process, the Captain should have ahead of time each partner’s name, email, address, phone numbers, date of birth, age, emergency contact & phone number, t-shirt sizes (S-M-L-XL-XXL-XXXL) [XXX incur $5 fee], and if they are purchasing addtl shirts ($15) for family members.
• You must also BOTH agree on the predicted mph average over the 27.0 mile course you will be racing to the nearest tenth (for example 22.7) Be accurate and aim for gold stars on the results instead of Sand Bags! The Captain may edit your mph speed any time before the event closes out by going through his "MyEvents" page (see the bottom of the active registration confirmation email for details).
• During online registration, you will be asked if you are entering the Merckx or the Aero division. If entering the Merckx division, neither racer may have aero helmets, aero bars, suits, wheels, or tear shaped frame tubes. If either team member has any one of the previous aero items, then the team must register as AERO. • Be recognized for being family members who race together. You will find a place on the registration form to be recognized if you are racing with another member of your immediate family: husband/wife; parent/child; sibling/sibling.
If our field limit is met at any time, registration will close early and details posted on our website. Why the early discounts? Registering online helps us in planning adequately for the event in terms of ordering t-shirt orders, Wurstfest Tickets, awards and registration packet preparation.
After the Awards, get back to enjoy the charm and ambiance of Gruene - or head for the Wursthalle for the German Festival. We look forward to seeing you soon!
WEATHER CLAUSE: If weather precludes the event from beginning or finishing, there are no refunds. The charity, Sally Kingsbury Sarcoma Cancer Foundation will still benefit, and t-shirts and Wurstfest tickets will be distributed on site.Event schedule and times
Sunday, November 3, 2013 in Sattler, TX
(a few miles north of Gruene)
Tour de Gruene Two Person Team Time Trials
- First Racer off at 8:00 a.m. Entrants are seated slowest to fastest..
- Awards Follow
Please see our website prior to entering as our website is our source for all current information -- including packet pickup times/locations, when to download waivers, links to maps, what to do if you need to replace your partner, etc.
We do not hold your partner's email in our database. As Captain it is your responsibility to forward all communications to your partner.
See you soon and Happy Training!
The Tour de Gruene Team
Map & Direction
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Intersection of Sattler Rd and Oak Drive Oak Drive Sattler, TX 78132Get Directions