Tour de Gruene Individual Time Trial 2013
Start: Saturday, November 2, 2013
Sattler , TX 78132
Registration Closing Date
Friday, November 1, 2013
Update: Although this event has maxed out, we strongly encourage you to sign up for the Waiting List category above. Replacements for vacancies are filled on a matching mph basis, not by who signed up first. So no matter how late it is, please sign up and if you are a match, you will receive a phone call to verify if you are still interested in filling the vacancy.
OR, sign up on the REGISTER button under the category Notify me of the 2014 event.
This year's Tour de Gruene Individual Time Trial will take place in Sattler, TX -- just a few miles north of Gruene. The new course is 18.75 miles. (see the route map on our website:
- Tour de Gruene Individual Time Trial is a competition where the contestants are started 30 seconds apart and will race against the clock for awards. There are many different divisions offered that take into account your gender, equipment, age, and ability (predicted average speed). There is a field limit. After that, a waiting list will be formed. (instructions for being added to that list below)
- The START for the I T T for 2013 will be in Sattler, TX - just a few miles north of Gruene. See Map on our webpage. The Time Trial is a point to point. After crossing the finish line you will cool-down for 8 miles until you are back in Sattler at the Starting area where awards will be held at our Tour de Gruene Wurstfest Wiener's Circle!
- Divisions will be formed first by gender, then by equipment (aero or Merckx), then by age, and then by ability.
- AERO or Merckx: The use of standard helmets, standard wheels, and standard kit of shorts and a jersey is called riding Merckx style. During registration, you have the option of racing in Merckx or Aero Divisions. If racing in Merckx you may not have any aero equipment. No aero helmets, suits, shoe covers, wheels, tear shaped (or aerodynamically framed tubes), or aero bars. Rims cannot exceed 30 mm in depth. Frame tubing can be of any material and both round or oval is exceptable for Merckx.
- Before you go to the online registration site you will need to predict your mph pace to the nearest tenth for completing the Gruene ITT course. That means 3 digits (example: 19.7). You may go back and change this estimate anytime before the event closes out.
- After your successful time trial, get back to enjoy the charm and ambiance of Gruene - or head on over to the Wursthalle for the German Festival called Wurstfest! Registration includes a quality Collector's t-shirt and a ticket into Wurstfest. ($23 value)
When our field limit of 300 is met, we will open for Waiting List registrations. Vacated slots are filled by mph matches, NOT by first come. So no matter how late, go ahead and get on the list. There is no cost to get on the waiting list
WEATHER CLAUSE: If weather precludes the event from beginning or finishing, there are no refunds. The charity, Sally Kingsbury Sarcoma Cancer Foundation will still benefit, and t-shirts and Wurstfest tickets will be distributed on site.
- First Racer off at 3:00 PM
- Last Racer off at 4:10
- Awards to Follow in the Wiener's Circle in Sattler
BEFORE YOU REGISTER: Calculate to the best of your ability your estimated mph speed to finish this 18.75 mile event. A map to the link with elevations noted can be found on our website. You will be placed into your competitive division based on this prediction. Be accurate to receive gold stars instead of sand bags on the results!
Go to www.tourdegruene.com for event details including route maps, packet pickup/locations, waiver info, etc.