Join us for the first ever CA Run/Walk to Fight Lymphedema & Lymphatic Diseases, presented by LE&RN and BSN Medical, in beautiful Santa Monica, California. Whether you're a serious runner, or just want to get a bit of exercise on a Sunday morning, this 5K walking/running course on the beach is sure to be just what the doctor ordered. The Lymphatic Education & Research Network (LE&RN) has been hosting this event in NY for 6 years, and this year they've expanded to the West Coast.
Join Kathy Bates, our National Spokesperson and Honorary Board Chair, along with hundreds of LE&RN supporters as they run or walk on behalf of the estimated 10 million Americans who suffer with lymphedema and other lymphatic diseases. LE&RN's mission is to fight lymphatic disease and lymphedema through education, research and advocacy.
- To register to run, click the yellow "Register Now" button at the top.
- ATTENTION: The top ten fundraisers and a guest of their choice will be invited to a reception hosted by Kathy Bates, with a diner to follow, hosted by BSN Medical the night before the Run/Walk at a Santa Monica restaurant.
* To give to an existing team, click here
Event details and schedule
- Location: Crescent Bay Park in Santa Monica/Ocean Park
- Crescent Bay Park is located at 2000 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90405 (right next to Casa del Mar)
- There is metered parking on Ocean Ave./Barnard Way and the larger beach lots, located directly adjacent to the event site. To access the main beach lot, please enter on Bicknell Ave. from Ocean Ave. or Main Street
- Parking at the beach lot is typically $10 for the day. The lot takes both cash and credit cards
- Riding your bike? Just bring a bike lock and use the racks near the festival area
- 10 Bicknell Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90405 - actually takes you right to the parking entrance
- Registration/Check-in begins at 7:30. Please visit the registration table to check-in and receive your t-shirt and bib
- Refreshments – we are fortunate to be able to offer goody bags to all participants. Water and energy bars will be in the bags
- We are not allowed to offer any items for sale
- The distance is 5K, but you can run or walk as much as you are able
- Additional Walk t-shirts (as available) may be obtained by making a suggested $10 donation
Lymphatic Education & Research Network