Towa Golf Club is Northern New Mexico's Best Golf Resort! We don't just say that, World Golf Awards gave us that prestigious distinction for 2014! We offer 27 breathtaking holes designed by Hale Irwin and William Phillips.
Our instruction programs are second to none and managed by our Head Golf Professional David D. Johnson, PGA. David has 27 years experience teaching all levels and ages of students.
Have you been wanting to learn the game of golf, but did not want to invest a lot of money? Have you played in the past and are looking to get back in? Do you have a spouse or friends you would like to learn the game? Do yourself a favor and experience "Get Golf Ready" from a PGA Professional with 25+ years of experience!
What You Will Experience
• How to navigate around the club house and practice areas
• The many social benefits of golf on and off the course
• Suggestions on what to wear for golf fashion and comfort
• All about golf clubs and why there are different
clubs in your bag
• Putting - the excitement of rolling the ball into the hole
• Warm up, stretching and wellness tips
• The best ways to hold the club and get ready before
you take a swing
• Hitting the ball close to the hole - chipping, pitching
and other shots from short distances
• Caring for the course
• Getting comfortable with the full swing
• Using your irons to get the ball in the air and
onto the green
• Learn the “lingo”, like fairway & rough, tee box & green,
divot & bunker and more
• Having more fun using “It’s Okay” and “Ready Golf” hints
• Swinging a driver and other “big” clubs to
hit the long shots
• Starting your play from the correct tee markers
– use TEE IT FORWARD to have more fun
• Helpful short cuts to save time while playing
• Linking all that you’ve learned to play a few holes
• Tips for playing in groups, on teams and other
fun ways to play
• Becoming more comfortable on the course and where
to drive the cart
• Review of the Rules and keeping score
• More opportunities to come back and play more golf
Each session will focus on the various golf skills you will use while playing. In addition
to learning the basics, you will be guided onto the golf course to put your skills into action
in a casual, friendly setting.
By going through this experience, you are ready and welcome to join in Get Golf Ready graduate outings, leagues and other programs geared to golfers like you. Using fun and casual ways to play, golf can be easier and more enjoyable for families and friends each and every time you play.
Towa Golf Club Academy