- Race Results
Registration opens Oct. 1st @ 8:00 pm
Course Description 56.5+- miles 11,500 +- ft. of elevation gain.
There is a 175 person participation limit. The event always sells out so apply early. There is no same day registration at the event. There are no refunds.
All entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deferrable. We have to plan well in advance and therefore cannot offer refunds. You may not give or sell your number to another individual. The entry fee for a 2013 event WILL NOT transfer to a future event, no exceptions. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have unexpected business, a family emergency, etc. Sorry, there are NO exceptions.
Event starts at Black Star Canyon
The ride will begin from the Blackstar Cyn. Gate at 5:30 AM. You will ride up Blackstar to the Main Divide across the Main Divide to and down the Silverado Trail (Motorway) and Aid Station #1 at Maple Springs. At this point you will follow Maple Springs Road to the Main Divide and Modjeska Peak and Santiago Peak and then down to Holy Jim Trail. You will then ride down Holy Jim Trail to Aid Station #2 at the parking area at the base of Holy Jim Canyon. After leaving Aid Station #2 you will go up Trabuco Creek Rd. to Trabuco Trail. You will ride up Trabuco Trail to the West Horse Thief Trail.
The first cut off time is 9.30 a.m. at the bottom of the Silverado Trail and Maple Springs. The second cutoff time is 11:30 a.m. at the intersection of Maple Springs Road and the Main Divide. The third cutoff time is 12:00 p.m. at the bottom of Holy Jim Trail. The fourth cutoff time is 12:45 p.m. at the bottom of the West Horse Thief Trail. If you do not make the cutoff times and refuse to return to the staging area you have violated the terms of your participation and the Warrior s Society will no longer responsible for your safety. Your emergency contact will be called and notified that they will be assuming all responsibility your safety.
NOTE: You must make sure the Aid Station records your number before continuing on. Finishing times will be posted on our website after the event.
We will have pre-registered packet pickup at a location that will be announced prior to the event. You may also pick up your packet the day of the event at the start from 4:30 am to 5:00 am.
All Participants who picked up their packets prior to the day of the even must arrive at the staging area at 5:15 AM to check in.
Participants have the option of providing 1 bag containing their personal food. The bag will be transported to Aid Station #2 to eliminate the need to carry excess weight. Each bag must be clearly marked with your name.
Water, hydration mix, Energy Bars, Bananas and oranges will be provided at each Aid Station.
The morning of the event we will be serving breakfast consisting of baked goods, coffee, orange juice, fruit, and instant oatmeal to all participants Saturday morning. Lunch will be provided.
Terrain Description (remember the fire roads and trails are still open to vehicles and hikers, also expect the fire roads and single track trails to be rutted and in bad condition due to recent rains. If you are unfamiliar with the area please use extreme caution). For a more detailed description of the trails, refer to Randy Vogels book, Mountain Biking in Orange County California - available at most decent bike shops.
1. Blackstar to the top of and down the Silverado (Trail) Motorway and Aid Station #1 - rutted fire road with many steep climbs until you go down the Silverado (Trail) Motorway, which is technical single track.
2. Aid Station #1 to Santiago Peak - uphill climbing on pavement then rutted fire road with stream crossings.
3. Santiago Peak to the Holy Jim Trail - steep, rutted and rocky technical down hill fire road.
4. Holy Jim Trail to Aid Station #2 - down hill, rutted and eroded single track with stream crossings.
5. Holy Jim to base of West Horse Thief - Dirt road then technical single track with stream crossings.
6. West Horse Thief to the junction at the Main Divide Road - steep hike-a-bike.
7. The junction of West Horse Thief to the top of Trabuco Trail - rutted fire road.
8. Trabuco Trail to Trabuco Creek Road - down hill, technical, steep, single track with stream crossings.
9. Trabuco Creek Road to finish line at the intersection of Trabuco Canyon Road: 4 mostly flat miles on a dirt road.
10. After you reach the finish line you will ride 4 mostly flat miles on a dirt road back to the staging area at O'Neill Park.
Control your speed on Holy Jim, Trabuco Canyon and Trabuco Creek Trails and ride down in a safe manner. Hikers and bikers will be on this trail and you will be responsible if you hit anyone per the release. Course Marshals will penalize unsafe riders.
Note: Use extreme caution when riding across the stream crossings, they can be slippery and have pot holes in them which could result in injury if ridden into (they have already injured several riders).
Funds raised by this event will be used to support our goals of maintaining the trails of the Trabuco District of the Cleveland National Forest and providing low cost mountain biking events for the public. Our e-mail address is email@example.com and our web address is: warriorssociety.org
Map & Direction
Saturday, April 6, 2013 @ 5:30 AM (PDT)
The Santa Ana Mountains Silverado, ca Santa Ana Mountains, CA 90630Get Directions