- Race Results
2014 San Luis Obispo Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K
Start: Saturday, April 26, 2014
California Street @ San Luis Drive
San Luis Obispo , CA 93401
San Luis Obispo , CA 93401
Registration Closing Date
Thursday, April 17, 2014
The San Luis Obispo Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K + Children's Races presented by LeftLaneSports.com is ready to have you experience and explore the beautiful, Central Coast of California, its historic town and wine country.
The Chase The Pig 5K , Children's Progressive Marathon and Children's Quarter Mile Dash will take place on Saturday, April 26, 2014 on the Madonna Inn property. Participant parking is available on the property grounds.
The Marathon + Half takes place on Sunday, April 27, 2014. Start line is at San Luis Obispo High School. To guarantee a stress-free race morning, please purchase a bus wristband to be shuttled directly to the start line. Run/walk through our charming turn-of-the-century downtown, the vineyards of the Edna Valley and enjoy the SLO Life Expo at the iconic Madonna Inn. The marathon and half marathon will be capped in January, please look for announcement.
Athlete Shuttles Locations to Start Area:
Shuttle locations details will be sent via email in your final race instructions 2 weeks prior to race day. Shuttle wristbands must be bought at your time of registration and cost is $7, for race participants only. You will be returned to your pick-up location after the race. 5K athletes do not need a wristband.
Registration closes April 11, unless the race sells out prior to registration deadline. Late Reg. for the half and full will be determined if caps are met. Late registration for the 5K will take place on Friday, April 25 and the morning of April 26, unless the race is sold out prior to registration closing.
The SLO Marathon adheres to standard race policies of the running industry. Please read the following before registering. More details on the FAQ Page of marathon website:
- The SLO Marathon does not offer refunds or rollovers for any reason. No exceptions, sorry.
- Anyone caught participating with another participants number or no number at all will be removed from the course and disqualified.
- Participants can change races or transfer to another person. If changing to a more expensive race, additional fees will incur. If dropping down to a less expensive race, there are no refunds.
- Race changes and transfer dealine is April 11, 2014. No exceptions.
- All participants must pick up their race packets at the SLO Life Expo.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your packet.
- Race Day packet pick-up is not available. No exceptions.
- Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
- Participants unable to get to packet pick-up can have someone else pick up their packet. They must have a legible copy of that person's photo ID and a signed registration confirmation form to pick up the packet. No exceptions.
SLO Life Expo Hours
Friday, April 25, 2014: Noon to 5 p.m.
Saturday, April 26, 2014: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (note that entry into the Madonna Inn property will be closed for the 5K and Children's races from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.)
Marathon + Half Packet Pick-up from 11am to 6 p.m.
Sunday, April 27, 2014: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Spectator parking is available on the Madonna Property on a first come, first served basis. Expect Delays.
Event schedule and times
Saturday, April 26: Chase The Pig 5K - 8:00 a.m., Children's Progressive Marathon (1-Mile) - 9:15 a.m., Children's Quarter Mile Dash - 9:45 a.m. Awards: 10 a.m.
Sunday, April 27: Marathon - 6 a.m. Half Marathon - 6:30 a.m. Awards: 10 a.m.
Race Price Increase Deadlines:
July 1 - take advantage of low pricing before this date
September 1 - Get Off The Couch and Register
November 1 - Better start that resolution to get fit
January 1 - It's not too late!