When surfing started to become popular, it was a soulful experience as well as a great way to get exercise and stay in shape. It was never intended to be a team sport. Although it was and still is an individual sport, the respect and camaraderie that was once common place has all but faded away. We here at Sol Surf Camp would like to bring back the old Soul and combine it with a new age style of surfing. We feel that there is no better way to enjoy nature than by riding waves. Whether you surf a short board, long board, body board, or body surf, riding waves is cool. We intend to teach our campers that riding the right board for the right wave is the best way to fully enjoy their wave riding experience. We want our campers to learn how and why they should respect the ocean, beach and other wave riders, while at the same time totally enjoying the best sport in the world.
Goals & Objectives
- To teach kids from ages six and up to ride waves to the best of their ability
- To provide a safe learning and wave riding environment
- To provide a not greater than one to three instructor/camper ratio, so that we can better assist in each child's wave riding instruction.
- To teach kids about water safety
- To teach kids about wave riding safety
- To teach kids about beach safety & preservation
- To create new friends that may last a lifetime!
Sol Surf Camp