Jewelry making and silversmithing courses include introductory and advanced levels.
You will be acquainted with the basic tools of the jewelers' craft and their proper use in the jewelry making introductory class. In the advanced class, you will learn new techniques including die-forming, light-forging, metal corrugation and stone setting and make a chain and other mechanisms that can be incorporated into your projects.
The silversmithing introductory class will acquaint the students with the basic skills and tools necessary to the silversmith. The advanced class will teach you the techniques of decorative overlay and stone setting. You will make a brooch using an overlay technique to put an image on the silver. You will learn to make a bezel and set a stone as well as how to make, and attach, a pin-back to your piece.
Dates and Times:
- Monday 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Jewelry making
- Saturday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm Jewelry making
- Wednesday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Silversmithing
- Wednesday 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Silversmithing
- $285.00 ($240.00 + lab/tools & materials fee: $45.00) 7-week fee
- $465.00 ($400.00 + lab//tools & materials fee: $65.00) 14-week fee
Parking Information: Plenty of free street parking
Contact: Stuart Burton / Director
For more information, please visit: www.artacademyofsandiego.com
Event details, times, dates, and locations are subject to change. Please confirm the event's details when buying tickets. Thanks, and have fun!