• Must be 12 years of age or older and in good health to participate
• Events are limited to 2,000 individual runners and 400 teams.
• Individuals may register as civilian or military
• 5-person team categories include open male, open female, mixed, corporate, military, high school, collegiate, and public safety.
• All team members must cross the finish line TOGETHER to qualify for awards
• Overall awards go to the top male and female individuals in both civilian and military categories. Divisional awards to the top three male and female in 10 year age groups after 12 – 15 and 16 - 19. Team awards go to the top three teams in each category.
• Entry fee is non-transferable, non-refundable by the Big Sur International Marathon; Registration Protector can be purchased from Active.com.
• Finishers receive a technical fabric finisher’s shirt and medallion
• Course is an approximate five mile loop on both roads and trails beginning and ending in Freeman Stadium, CSUMB. Challenging course includes hills, water, obstacles, five-foot walls, and four mud pits. You will get wet and you will get muddy. Showers will be provided at the finish.