He's been called the Pied Piper of the second running boom--and for good reason. Since his column, The Penguin Chronicles, started in May of 1996, John "The Penguin" Bingham has become one of the running community's most popular and recognized personalities.
Through his columns and books, motivational expert John Bingham has inspired hundreds of thousands of men and women to run for fun, fitness and self-affirmation. His transformation from a life of "sedentary confinement" to marathoner has become a model for people of all ages and abilities. Once an overweight couch potato, he looked mid-life in the face--and got moving. Since then, he has participated in over 25 marathons and hundreds of 5K and 10K races.
Bingham delivers his message of hope and inspiration to people who've been running for a week or a lifetime. He has several best-selling book titles, including Marathoning for Mortals, co-authored by Coach Jenny Hadfield, which revolutionized long-distance running and walking.
The Penquin Chronicles
- Aged to Perfection
- When the Whole Half is All You Need
- Running on the Wrong Side of the Tracks
- A Walk in the Park
- Penguin Chronicles: Unfinished Business
- The Penguin Chronicles: Giving and Getting
- Prized Possessions
- March 1996: Miles to Go
- Better Than Ever: When All You Are Is All You Can Be
- Setting the Sail
- Penguin Chronicles: An Afternoon With Larry
- Penguin Chronicles: Tied in “Nots”
- Penguin Chronicles: When to Say When
- Penguin Chronicles September 1995: Running with friends
- John Bingham and Coach Jenny Hadfield Training Plans