Distances - 2 Options:
Formula 1: 2 mile R/10 mile B/1 mile R/10 mile B/2 mile R
Super Sprint: 2 mile R/10 mile B/1 mile R
Things to know:
1. Packet Pickup is Thursday, May 17th and Friday, May 18th at Fleet Feet Sports, 2210 Monroe Ave in Brighton from 10-7PM. We strongly recommend that you go to packet pickup to alleviate race day lines. You MUST present a photo ID and USAT Card or purchase a 1 day USAT license. Only you can pick up your packet. These are USAT rules that we must follow. You can get your stuff race morning as well, but if you can go earlier that would be ideal.
2. We will have 2 waves. The Formula 1 will go off at 8:30AM and the SuperSprint will go after (exact time TBD). However, the Super Sprint folks should still be at the start area when the F1 goes off.
3. The Start will be at the corner of Douglas Rd. and the Beach Lot Entrance on the grass. This is where HS XC start their events. You will still go over Stewart Lodge Rd the same place, but you will be running down the hill area towards it. IT WILL BE PERFECTLY MARKED on race day.
4. The transition area is on the grass. The Transition area will be near the finish line and where the start used to be. We will not have any bike/run same entrances as years past. One entry way will be strictly to run in and out and the other will be strictly for biking in and out. Just know as you head down the hill into the beach lot you will be Mounting/dismounting near the pathway the takes you to the bathrooms and Stewart Lodge. There is still a NO PEDAL ZONE going down the beach lot entrance. This is for your safety. No PEDAL Zone means - DO NOT PEDAL AT ALL WHEN YOU HEAD DOWN THE HILL to transition.
5. Age Groups have been adjusted due to USAT rules. It affects those that are in change of age group years. SO if you are currently 39 but will be 40 by Dec. 31st 2011, then you are 40 at this race. This means you will compete in the 40-44 age group. This is across the board for all folks changing into a new age group this year.
6. Don't forget to get your timing chip race morning. The chips will be just outside the transition area the morning of the event. Registration/Packet Pickup opens at 7:30AM race morning. The chip must be worn on your ankle. Please show your bib number to get your chip or else the chip attendants will ask you to get it. Place the band on your ankle immediately so as not to lose it. It's a hefty fee if you lose it :)
Holiday Inn Express (585) 784-8400