Giselle Domdom is the former running, fitness and nutrition editor for Active.com. She’s an avid runner and especially loves to lace up her running shoes and sign up for races with friends. Her favorite spot to run is along the Southern California coast, and her favorite race was the 2009 inaugural Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon because running the Strip was an unforgettable experience. Giselle’s favorite 5K was the Shelter Island 5K in San Diego, CA…because it has a huge buffet at the finish line.
Giselle has run one full marathon, seven half marathons, a handful of relays and countless 5Ks. She is currently training for the La Jolla Half Marathon in April 2012. Join her at the start line! She hopes to enter the NYC Marathon and the legendary Marine Corps Marathon someday.
When she’s not running or writing, Giselle sings the National Anthem for endurance events including the 2011 Gran Fondo Colnago San Diego and former Race Across America starts.
Giselle's Race Resume
- 2008 Shelter Island 5K
- 2009 Valley of Gold Half Marathon
- 2009 Orange County Half Marathon
- 2009 Central Park 5K Run & Walk
- 2009 Shelter Island 5K
- 2009 Las Vegas Half Marathon
- 2009 Life Sneaker Challenge 5K
- 2010 Sedona Half Marathon
- 2010 SoCal Ragnar Relay
- 2010 Nike Women’s Half Marathon
- 2010 Lake Hodges 5K
- 2011 Lost Dutchman Half Marathon
- 2011 San Diego Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon
- 2012 Tri-City Medical Carlsbad Half Marathon
- 2012 La Jolla Half Marathon
- 2012 San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon
- 2012 America's Finest City Half Marathon
Articles and Videos By Giselle
- How Long Is a 5K?
- 3 Reasons to Do a St. Patrick's Day Run
- Sport Science Tie Dye Review
- A Look at Physical Fitness in America
- The Importance of a Proper Shoe Fit
- What Happens During a Shoe Fitting?
- 3 Tips for Running With Your Dog
- Run Wild at a Ragnar Relay
- Interview With Badwater 135 Legend and Ultrarunner Pam Reed
- Q&A With Tough Mudder Co-Founder Will Dean
- Book Review: Fun on Foot in New York
- How to Cut Costs for Your Next Destination Event
- Take Your Stride to the Next Step With a Pedometer
- Olympian Dathan Ritzenhein Teams Up With Gatorade G Series Pro
- Matthew Reeve’s NYC Marathon Run for Research
- 11 Scenic Fall Half Marathons
- Are You Ready for a Mud Run?
- What Is an ElliptiGO?
- The Benefits of the ElliptiGO
- Hop Around on Kangoo Jumps
- 6 Beach Fitness Classes
- An Inside Look at the Future of Fitness