Matt Fitzgerald is an endurance sports writer, coach, and nutritionist. His work appears regularly in publications such as Competitor, Men's Journal, and Triathlete. His many books include the bestsellers Iron War and Racing Weight.
An International Society of Sports Nutrition-certified sports nutritionist, Matt has aided in the formulation and marketing of several popular sports nutrition products, including Accelerade sports drink and 2nd Surge energy gel. Matt also serves as a training intelligence specialist for PEAR Sports, an audio-based biofeedback training system for runners and other endurance athletes.
Matt has been a competitive runner since age 12 and also dabbles in triathlons
Visit his website at http://www.mattfitzgerald.org/.
More from Matt Fitzgerald
- 5 Ways to Stay Fast After 40
- Can Music Make You a Better Runner?
- 3 Tips for Training in the Cold
- 3 Ways to Run a Better Fall Marathon
- How Mind Over Matter Can Lead to Triathlon Success
- What Motivates Triathletes to Suffer
- Does Competition Boost Performance?
- Balance Your Blades: 3 Corrective Shoulder Exercises
- Use the Offseason to Unwind, Explore and Regroup
- 4 Great One-hour Bike Workouts
- Prevent Fatigue by Training Your Respiratory Muscles
- Train Right for Your Run Type
- Dietary Fat and Endurance Athletes
- Incorporate Strength Training Into Your Regimen
- 5 Tips for Marathon Racing
- Solving the Puzzle: 4 Tips for Injury-free Running
- Hit Your Stride: Olympic-distance Peaking
- Beginner's Guide to Running
- Easy Does It
- Fitness: A Lifestyle Choice
- Train Your Brain for Marathon Success
- Sensory Cues