A fun, multi-sport event that tours through Rochester, Hancock and Granville, Vermont. First staged in 2011 just weeks after Tropical Storm Irene, the Disas-Tour was created as a way to boost community morale, celebrate the resilience of the towns, and raise money for flood relief. Organization of the race was transferred to the Rochester/Randolph Area Sports Trails Alliance (RASTA) four years ago. Proceeds from DisasTour VI will benefit the White River Valley communities through the RASTA Valley Trail Project and the local food shelf.
Event details and schedule
The event begins and ends on the Rochester Town Green. As usual, there will be an after party with pizza, pot luck and beverages featuring Lawson's Finest Liquids at Green Mountain Bikes.
- Race Start 10:00am.
- Check in 8:30 - 9:30 am for pre-registered racers
- On-site Registration at the Gazebo from 8:00 - 9:00 am.
- Parking is available around the Park.
- To speed up the Race Day Process - Please bring your registration confirmation email with QR Code on it.
- Bike Race for kids around the Park during the event featuring the RASTA Pump Track. Bring the kids and the bikes (and kids helmets!).
- Race order is Peddle, Paddle, Run.
- Cross Bikes or Mountain Bikes suggested, Road bikes not recommended.
- Helmets required for bike leg.
- Helmets and Life Vests required for paddle leg.
- Paddle can be K1, C1, C2 or SUP.
- Spring in Vermont could mean a variety of weather and conditions. Be prepared for sun, rain, mud, low water, high water or maybe even snow!
- Participants receive a race t-shirt as well as pizza, prizes and raffle at post-race party.
- Bring a Pot Luck item for the post-race party, if possible.
- Please bring a Canned Food item or 2 (or 3 or 4) to donate to the local food shelf.
White River Disas-TOUR Race