Fleet Feet Sports Dirt Cheap Trail Series 2013
Start: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Rochester Area , NY 14618
Registration Closing Date
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
FLEET FEET DIRT CHEAP RACE SERIES
A fun filled 6 night trail series held Wednesday nights from April through September at 3 parks in the Rochester area.
- A super cool mid week low key trail race. Chip timing included along with post race food. After the races at Lucien Morin Park (formerly Ellison Wetlands), we will be adjourning to MacGregors for a post race party.
- Awesome Dirt Cheap shirt to all series registrants.
- At the last race we will host the awards party at MacGregors on Empire Blvd.
- Chip Timed Event - so don';t forget to pick up your chip.
Packet pickup is available at Fleet Feet Sports (Brighton location ONLY) the Tuesday before each event from 5:00PM until 7:00PM and the day of each event from 10AM until 6:00PM.
Other Pertinent Items
- Don';t follow the person in front of you - you can';t guarantee they know where they are going, then poof your all of a sudden off course
- Pay attention and heed all signs
- Come with a sense of humor and have fun
Anywhere between 4-6 miles.
Awards will be given at the post race party on September 12th to full series participants only. Top M/F by Category and Top M/F by 5 Year Age Groups.
Directions to Parks
- MENDON PONDS PARK - Route 65 (Clover Street) south from Monroe Avenue. Go to 3rd entrance. Turn left onto the Pond Rd/Nature Center Entrance. At bottom of big hill turn left. The race starts at the top of Devil';s Bathtub. If you went past the big Mendon Pond you went too far. Look for signs.
- WEBSTER PARK - Take Route 104 East to Holt Road exit; Turn L on Holt Road to Lake Rd. Turn Left onto Lake Rd. Drive approx. 1/2 mile to camp access road on left. This will take you back to Onondaga Lodge. Starting point is Onondaga Lodge.
- LUCIEN MORIN PARK (FORMERLY ELLISON WETLANDS)- 590 to Empire Blvd East. Park is at bottom of hill next to MacGregor';s.
The first 5 races will start at 6:30PM, the final race ( September 11) will start at 6:00PM.