The uphill portions will test your strength and endurance while the equally challenging downhill sections are sure to weed out those who are unprepared. The breathtaking views and stunning Blue Ridge Mountain scenery will offer some reprieve as you persevere to the finish line! Are you up for the challenge of Americas Toughest Road Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K?
Event details and schedule
Friday, April 15
- Packet Pick Up/Expo (3-8pm) at the City Market Building.
- Foot Levelers will provide free foot scans. Enter to win a free pair of orthotics.
- Pick up last minute items from Fleet Feet Sports.
- Foot Levelers Pasta Dinner with guest speakers Dick Beardsley & Pam Rickard (limited to 200, register in advance) – 6:30-8:00pm
- FREE live concert by MarchFourth! in Elmwood Park (downtown Roanoke) starting at 6:30pm. Live Music is a part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival featuring multiple venues throughout downtown Roanoke Thursday through Saturday.
Saturday, April 16
- 5:30am-7:00am: Packet and chip pick up on Elmwood Park Stage for those who didn’t make it Friday.
- 7:35am: Full, Half, and Star 10K start on Jefferson Street (just outside Elmwood Park)10:00-4pm: Live music, beer garden, food vendors, and more at finish line area. Music is part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival
- A corral system is used to position runners for start based on pace times.
- 10:00am: Anthem Star K award ceremony on Elmwood Park Stage.
- 12:00pm: Half Marathon award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 2:00pm: Full Marathon award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 5:00: Gates open for ticketed concert
TRAINING PROGRAMS NOW AVAILABLE:
16-week Full Marathon Virtual Training Program
Blue Ridge Marathon